• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALK at $21.56 and falling

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It sucks when you have to lie during the interview process. They have the guts to ask you how you feel about the pay cuts and if you were flying with a Captain that is upset because of the pay cuts. I wanted to say its the worst thing you could have done to a pilot group that gave more then 100 % to get the job done !

Gee is it really that bad up there at Alaska? maybe Now I won't feel so bad about stringing that Recruiter along for 3 months about a job offer. I ended up not returning her call it sounds like I'm at a better company in the Long haul.

I had alot of positives at my current company No Commute I live in Southern Cal, vs Commuting to ANC. Company paid Medical, Lots of growth with new a/c delivers. Lots of hotel and airline points and miles Upgrade within 8 months been here for 2yrs 2months and better pay.

I'll never get to fly a 737 here we only have I think 3 left but I'm at the point in life its not about how big the plane is its all about QOL and how well the company treats you.

Good luck hope it gets better for you guys. If Alaska had called me back in 2003 I would have been there in a heart beat but with those new pay scale you have I'll make more as a 3rd year captain then a 12 year SIC.

Not flaming alaska pilots just saying its sad to see how things have changed for the worse at a company I always wanted to work for when I was a atudent pilot back in the early 90's

Any rumors about LUV - codeshare, buyout or merger?

I heard from our union pretty recently that they think we are being shoppped by SWA, DAL, AMR, and CAL. Only a guess but I would think the worst fit would be SWA...way to many differences. And to be honest I would really like to stay away from the SWA staple gun.

Here are the peaks from the last 6 weeks compared with the present:
ALK 27.89/21.63
CAL 37.79/27.60
AMR 27.89/20.26
DAL 21.05/16.63
UAUA 51.60/39.50
LCC 33.45/20.85

You could place the charts one on top of the other and they would pretty much trace the same pattern.

Andy, Just curious are you retired or working somewhere else since skywest let you go? I mean this question respectfully.

I heard from our union pretty recently that they think we are being shoppped by SWA, DAL, AMR, and CAL. Only a guess but I would think the worst fit would be SWA...way to many differences. And to be honest I would really like to stay away from the SWA staple gun.

I would think that Alaska and CO would be a good fit as CO doesn't really have a strong West Coast Op and this could give them 3 Hubs to grow out of and launch flights to Asia. I'm not a big fan of CO have friends that work there and say its a slave ship 90hr block lines min days off plus that and the scabs over there. As much as I think this would be a good fit I'd hate to see Alaska get absorbed. Would rather see Alaska and DAL better Pilot group.

Let me see if i get this you would rather merge with someone who has not been profitable, who has not traeted their employees with respect and who has not asked for any paycuts just because you are afraid of a "staple gun" that doesn't exist.

I hope you get your wish for LUV'S sake.

Latest resources

Back