• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

alaska updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2017: All 400's retired - last ones out the door will probably be the 5 combi's and 1 freighter.
Company's plans call for three 700 freighters. Combi's will no longer exist.

By then, QX will be in place to fly most of the passenger in state routes. Senior guys in ANC will hold awesome freight lines hauling all the stuff the turbo props leave behind, the rest of us will be doing 4 day trips to America.

Subject to change a thousand times between now and then I'm sure.

2017: All 400's retired - last ones out the door will probably be the 5 combi's and 1 freighter.
Company's plans call for three 700 freighters. Combi's will no longer exist.

By then, QX will be in place to fly most of the passenger in state routes. Senior guys in ANC will hold awesome freight lines hauling all the stuff the turbo props leave behind, the rest of us will be doing 4 day trips to America.

Subject to change a thousand times between now and then I'm sure.

Those SkyWest MRJs will sure look pretty in 2017-18 with the eskimo paint job too....

I would be surprised if we flew the MRJ's. Furthermore, I would be surprised if we continue to fly for AK when the leases are up on the 700's. Why? The most junior CPT in SEA is around 10 years seniority. I think SKYW will look at the the senior crew costs and bid accordingly. Therefore, you may see Pinnacle, GoJet, or even MESA (doubtful but possible) getting the contract because they successfully underbid SkyWest.

my 2 cents

I would be surprised if we flew the MRJ's. Furthermore, I would be surprised if we continue to fly for AK when the leases are up on the 700's. Why? The most junior CPT in SEA is around 10 years seniority. I think SKYW will look at the the senior crew costs and bid accordingly. Therefore, you may see Pinnacle, GoJet, or even MESA (doubtful but possible) getting the contract because they successfully underbid SkyWest.

my 2 cents

I think his point was, that someone else will be flying those MRJ's! You are correct in your assessment about rising costs of the regionals! I've been saying all along that we handed them (management) a silver platter with any real growth and a ton of money left over!!

And, our union just rolled over and took it in the back side! My fear is that since we have no real scope protection, they(management along with ALPO) will use skywest more on the west coast, as they have done already with the new flying announced, C-springs and Omaha, etc. There is nothing, I mean NOTHING that will prevent them from using them at-will on any of our routes.

And, what is an even bigger fear is the threat; real or implied to whip-saw us against skywest for contract concessions later on down the road!!!

We really screwed the pooch!!!!

I think his point was, that someone else will be flying those MRJ's! You are correct in your assessment about rising costs of the regionals! I've been saying all along that we handed them (management) a silver platter with any real growth and a ton of money left over!!

And, our union just rolled over and took it in the back side! My fear is that since we have no real scope protection, they(management along with ALPO) will use skywest more on the west coast, as they have done already with the new flying announced, C-springs and Omaha, etc. There is nothing, I mean NOTHING that will prevent them from using them at-will on any of our routes.

And, what is an even bigger fear is the threat; real or implied to whip-saw us against skywest for contract concessions later on down the road!!!

We really screwed the pooch!!!!

Agreed. You totally nailed this.

Anchorage base is f*cked. But at least we got a killer raise. Ha!
The sad reality is that our FA's new contract will likely effect scope more than ours. Very, very sad.

I received an email from Alaska a few days ago asking me to re-apply and update my resume. It also said their hiring window will open soon for a First Officer position.

Did any one else receive this? I'm assuming they sent it to everyone who applied during their last hiring window and met their mins but I'm not 100% sure.

We are opening our pilot application window from 16 29 December. *****All previous applications in the system are deleted.***** If you know pilots that are interested in applying or reapplying please let them know. We are looking for strong candidates that will be a good fit at Alaska Airlines.***** Please feel free to provide them with the information below to help them successfully submit their application.
Internet Explorer 8 or above, running on Windows, is the browser that is strongly recommended to successfully submit an application. If another browser is used, the application may not come through successfully
A few helpful tips when applying -
?**************************************** Before applying, we recommend that browsing history including temporary Internet files are cleared and pop-up blockers disabled.
?**************************************** Gather all paperwork, including work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before applying for the position.
?**************************************** Once in the application, please use the links provided to return to the previous page if required. The back button is not compatible with the system.

I received an email from Alaska a few days ago asking me to re-apply and update my resume. It also said their hiring window will open soon for a First Officer position.

Did any one else receive this? I'm assuming they sent it to everyone who applied during their last hiring window and met their mins but I'm not 100% sure.

Yes I received it also and noticed that the application link is open on the site.

Will login and hopefully my old info is still there and only require an update and not a whole new app.

Greed

QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution required.
- Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate required.
- Current First Class FAA medical certificate required.
- Minimum of 3000 hours total pilot time in fixed wing aircraft or 1200 hours total pilot time in high performance military aircraft required.
- 2000 hours in multi-engine turbojet/turboprop aircraft at Horizon Airlines.
- Correctable vision in both eyes to 20/20 required.
- Minimum of 50 hours total flight hours within the last 12 months preferred.

Latest resources

Back