• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The next contract will pass by 55-58%!

2009-83%
2013-67%
2018-55-58%

These are targeted numbers no different then our CASM at the end of the year or our fleet count in 5 years.

We are being played like a violin and we as a group are too arrogant to realize it.

SkyWest will be hiring in the coming years to fly MRJs for Alaska when they arrive....

Probably not. We are a 737 operation. Problem is we are still paying on those CRJs so they want to make a little money off them, (and I've heard it is very little if any) vs putting them in the desert. When the time comes in a couple years when they are paid off, it will be interesting to see what they do.

We are a 737 operation.

That's right. And Skywest is not. Horizon is adding AK routes, but the locals are looking for a jet with more cargo. . . It's almost like there's a big hole that needs a jet. Smaller than a B738 and bigger than a 400Q.

Too bad there's not a jet to do that with pilots at cheap wages.

Probably not. We are a 737 operation. Problem is we are still paying on those CRJs so they want to make a little money off them, (and I've heard it is very little if any) vs putting them in the desert. When the time comes in a couple years when they are paid off, it will be interesting to see what they do.

You are correct is your estimate! It will be very interesting over the next 3 or so years, as those -400's and -700's go away. There will be a huge gap between the CRJ/Q-400 and the 737-800/900.

And that is were the all important scope clause/language however you want you parse it, will come into play! Remember that pesky thing all those said we couldn't get, or said is wasn't worth the paper it was written on!!

Take a look at what just had it's maiden voyage this past month!

http://www.bombardier.com/en/aerospace/commercial-aircraft.html

5 900ER options exercised. 3 -700s extended recently, too.

Good think they're upgrading 15 and not hiring. . .

5 900ER options exercised. 3 -700s extended recently, too.

Good think they're upgrading 15 and not hiring. . .

They also deferred the remaining 5 options that were available for 2015-2017. These are going to be replacement aircraft. I bet they have finalized their combi/freighter plans and this is part of that. They have stated that our fleet size is going to be more or less flat for the next 5 years at a minimum...if that had changed I guarantee that it would have been the headline on alaskasworld.

I hear different things on the combi/freighter every time it's brought up. -700 and -800. Only -700. We're cutting the doors. Someone else is. . . etc.

Latest resources

Back