• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska- Trouble on the Tarmac!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey you know that "water cooler" thing on Alaskasworld? Did the company just admit that tagging in the bins was still happening? I thought PM confirmed "It wasn't happening"... But hey, I've found a "Free Ivan" stickers at various places on the plane!

Here's the "official" version:

There is certainly graffiti in the pits. The Security & Compliance Department is monitoring the reports of graffiti, and we have made several inquiries with our law enforcement contacts, who have advised us that the graffiti reported is not gang-related. Last month, we formally notified the chiefs of police at many of our airports that our crews are expressing a concern about possible criminal behavior on the ramp. We asked for their assistance in keeping us informed should they discover a gang presence that would have access to our aircraft. As a reminder, all employees with SIDA privileges have passed criminal history record checks to the satisfaction of the airport at which they are badged.

Certainly, if Alaska Airlines personnel were responsible for the graffiti, it would be a violation of our Code of Conduct and would result in disciplinary action. Similarly, if any of our vendors or contract employees were involved, we expect they would be appropriately disciplined or discharged. We are seeing multiple reports of the same graffiti incidents, which we gratefully attribute to conscientious employees taking the time to make the report. We ask that all employees continue to report safety and security issues so they may be investigated. A graffiti removal program is in place, time permitting, but operational maintenance issues will always take precedence.

problem...what problem?

Does PM fly anymore? I have not seen him at the airport in over 3 years. Of course, I fly nights, weekends and holidays.

yeah i read that around the water cooler...I haven't seen PM either...Makes you go hmmmm...

Latest resources

Back