Alaska rumors...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Paul,

Thanks. Nope...not a PRS. It's a Carvin CT4M. The absolute most perfect guitar I have ever played. And I have played a lot of 'em over the past 35 years or so...

(I was just messing around about the "axe" thing.)

Come see us over at www.guitargearheads.com I am one of the moderators, and there are a lot of great people there willing to share their info and recommendations on gear, etc. It shouldn't be too hard to find me there. (Different name...Same avatar..:cool: )

flx757 said:
Paul,

Thanks. Nope...not a PRS. It's a Carvin CT4M. The absolute most perfect guitar I have ever played. And I have played a lot of 'em over the past 35 years or so...

(I was just messing around about the "axe" thing.)

Come see us over at www.guitargearheads.com I am one of the moderators, and there are a lot of great people there willing to share their info and recommendations on gear, etc. It shouldn't be too hard to find me there. (Different name...Same avatar..:cool: )

Thanks FLEX.

I found you on the site. I registered over there so I may stop in from time to time with some bad gas.;) I also checked out your webpage. Very nice work on those Carvins. I love the wood finishes, very classy and universal. Slightly OT but I especially like the picture in the top left hand corner of your website. Makes me homesick somin awful. I'm from Tacoma...well Lakewood exactly. ....anyway Keep wailing.

Paul R. Smith said:
Slightly OT but I especially like the picture in the top left hand corner of your website. Makes me homesick somin awful. .

;) Yeah, I had to sneak that one in there....Thanks for noticing.

Take care, man. Maybe I'll see ya around here someday.

any word?

Is there any word regarding a class later this month? Or is this just more wishful thinking!

Skin-as-wrinkled-as-a-prune-while-doing-the-back-stroke-for-over-two-years,

Jan 31st class

It will be tiny. Two or so. This according to Mr. John Hunthausen of Alaska FltOps.

He said the names haven't been finalized yet, but from the tone of his voice, it won't be me. He said there would be additional classes of two or so in a few months. Current plans for training will not empty the pool this year:(

He asked about my availability this spring and told me to expect a decision soon. (class is just 11 days away, I should hope so!)

I'm really hoping the new contract affords for some growth and hiring.

Not sure what to expect in the coming weeks/months...

Interesting. They are going to be awfully short on crews in the summer months unless they do something about it now. Latest rumor is that the 737-400 cargo conversion is on hold so the plane that was going to go away this spring for that may not. I would guess they would keep it as a spare for the summer if they don't send it away.

Hang in there, Rhino. 40 retirements in 2005 and 63 in 2006, with additional medical retirements. Unknown number of senior pilots retiring early after the contract goes to arbitration. Hiring must happen regardless of growth just to maintain current operations.

Most in Flight Ops are passing on the party line that there "CURRENTLY" are no plans for hiring or additional aircraft deliveries. "CURRENTLY" means "until the pilot contract is completely resolved".

Check out the quarterly reports that do say we have some 737-800's on order but none after this year. Then read the text that says Alaska Air management intends to replace some aircraft with additional -800's but they are not "currently" firm orders. Then they tell the pilots and staff that "we have no current plans for further aircraft deliveries beyond the 3 737-800's". Simultaneously, to the public, management says that they are fully intending and representing (in the quarterly reports) that additional aircraft WILL be coming.

These inconsistencies and others are, I believe, related to the ongoing pilot negotiations. I believe you will be in class this year, and will be followed by a steady stream of more classes. One month after the arbitration award (because there may be further maneuvering) you should be hearing quite a bit more.

Class size

Four, on the 31st.

This info is from a reliable source!

My phone hasn't rang yet...

That number would be consistent with what I know. They are all slated for the 737. Also, on Singlecoil's mention of the rumor that the -400 conversion is on hold, that is also consistent with what I have heard. I have been told it is a "vendor problem". Whatever that means.

With regards to what Alaska Flyer was saying, I also agree with that. We in the training dept have been preparing for "significant" numbers later this year through 2007. I guess time will tell. Hopefully for everyone, this turns into reality.

Rhino said:
Four, on the 31st.

This info is from a reliable source!

My phone hasn't rang yet...

With your quals, military background and a 737 type why are you waiting on Alaska when Southwest is hiring like crazy....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back