• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a per plane profit margin ?? I'm not good at math or know how many planes delta has .. But I would guess Alaska is slightly better ?!?! And also rate of return on investment ??

Thanks Jim Cramer.....easy now. That $77 million quarterly profit, FANTASTIC! Well done.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Congrats guys! That profit is really, "cute." Well done. ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

I heard Delta isn't paying any taxes since they're carrying forward billions of dollars in losses. If I was a creditor during BK, I'd be pissed right now. Delta pilots weren't creditors were they?

Just stop responding to the freak.

Nice to see a strong performance...especially beating the 10% margin for the last 4 years. The check in March will be bigger than last years and we all know that is what really matters.

I heard Delta isn't paying any taxes since they're carrying forward billions of dollars in losses. If I was a creditor during BK, I'd be pissed right now. Delta pilots weren't creditors were they?

I don't know about the taxes part but Yes, the pilots were creditors, and most pilots got well over $200K, each. Most of it was thrown into 401K allotments, filling up for each year during BK, even going back a couple. Then, the rest was in cash, but taxed. Most Capts got even more. This was all due to Doug Parker trying to grab DL while in BK. DL management had to offer more per dollar to have the creditor committee agree to terms. Most creditors, including the pilots, did a lot better than normal. My own 401K has done great now.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I was close to closing my FI account and deleting the site off my computer but I took others advice and put the village idiot on my ignore list.

Ahhhhh, serenity now.

Man people really take the bait with him..Either accept that he's being sarcastic or ignore. It must be tough to converse with all of us town idiots. Most DL pilots, from my experience are just better..at everything. Just ask the old NWA guys;);):puke:

The problem I have is he's on my ignore list, but everyone keeps quoting him. I'm sure that he is on more ignore lists than any other user. I think that the site owners think he's good because he has 20 billion posts, but he is driving people away. Anyway, please, put him on your ignore list and if you aren't willing to do that, please don't quote him.

Nothing says you have to read the quotes. If you don't have the self control to do that, then he really doesn't bother you that much. You anti-General people are acting like a bunch of first graders.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/1226...face-the-delta-threat.html?puc=msn&cm_ven=msn

"It is our opinion that Delta needs Alaska more than Alaska needs Delta in the context of their code-share relationship given Delta's Seattle-Asia plans and Alaska's dominance in the Pacific Northwest," Keay wrote. "If Delta pushes too hard we wouldn't be surprised if Alaska finds solace in the arms of its other partner, American, at Delta's expense."

Latest resources

Back