• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Genital this crap you are posting is proof positive you are just a freaking mid 20s airplane geek with no pilots license at all. Even for a airplane goon, you should be embarrassed as hell at all of this.

Genital this crap you are posting is proof positive you are just a freaking mid 20s airplane geek with no pilots license at all. Even for a airplane goon, you should be embarrassed as hell at all of this.

Riiiiiiight! Here comes Percy the Minot Lav dumper, deciding who is what on an ANONYMOUS web board! Funny stuff Percy, and nice avatar btw! Real manly! Ahahahaha! Allegiant is inrange, grab your gloves.... :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Outperforming on what metric? Gross Margin? Casm? rasm? Domestic yield? Net margin? Jd power? Wall Street journal airline awards? Stock performance? Maybe you could get into specifics once instead of bloviating about deltas obvious greatness..and you got the seahawks because you have 2 aisles..and you are the one who said "who cares about costs"

Like DL just winning Air Transport World's Airline of the year for 2014, the first time a US Airline has done it in 10 years? Need a reminder? Here's the info on the DEC 13 quarter:

DELTA AIR LINES ANNOUNCES DECEMBER QUARTER PROFIT
Jan 21, 2014

ATLANTA, Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) today reported financial results for the December 2013 quarter. Key points include:

Delta's net income for the December 2013 quarter was $558 million, or $0.65 per diluted share, excluding special items1.
Delta's net income for 2013 was $2.7 billion, excluding special items, a $1.1 billion increase over 2012.

Delta's GAAP net income was $8.5 billion, or $9.89 per diluted share, for the December 2013 quarter and $10.5 billion for 2013. These results include an $8.0 billion non-cash gain associated with the reversal of the company's tax valuation allowance.

2013 results include $506 million in profit sharing expense, including $119 million in the December quarter, recognizing Delta employees' contributions toward meeting the company's financial goals.

Delta generated nearly $5 billion of operating cash flow and $2.1 billion of free cash flow in 2013, allowing the company to reduce its adjusted net debt at the end of 2013 to $9.4 billion, contribute an incremental $250 million above required funding to its defined benefit pension plans, and return $350 million to shareholders through a combination of $100 million of dividends and $250 million of share repurchases."

Ok, need anything else MooMoo? Do you want me to comment on the above with a CNBC type commentary?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Once again no specifics..Back to your standard drivel..cut and paste an article about your record quarter...you are obviously not up to an educated discussion about this topic so I'm gonna follow everyone's advice and leave the troll to his hole..

You pull a lot out of thin air, and never do the research. Thanks for verifying that. I stated at the joint contract you SHOULD HAVE had equal pay on same planes, otherwise you have a B-scale. How can you not see that? DL/NWA both had 757s, and they were given SAME PAY at the joint contract. Same with 777/744. Same with 765/A330. You guys did that because you didn't mind treating your brothers like poop, and that will get you in the end with disloyalty.

And when did MooMoo become Jim Cramer? He asked who has lower costs? Who cares? I care about profits and my own profit sharing check, which is $4K more than last years. I'm great you guys love the financials, I read the highlights.

And aren't you still code sharing with AT? Sure you are, and it's B-scale pilots thanks to YOU. Shame on you. You and your union had the chance to observe two different mergers, and you followed the wrong one. Anyone else that you potentially could merge with will be taking you to task, they've already observed your treachery.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ok Jenny. Why don't you let me know how many RJs Delta has since you have the resources. You completely dodged that number because it's an embarrassment to you.

And again, what does our acquisition of AirTran have to do with any of this discussion? You love to pull this out of thin air like it's a special talking point for you. It's done and over. It would be like me talking day after day about the NW guys that got screwed. What would that have to do about this discussion? You can never stay on topic.

Give it a try General, how many RJs? Give me a number.

PS - Cost does matter, but in your legacy way of thinking...you never care. Ever.

Once again no specifics..Back to your standard drivel..cut and paste an article about your record quarter...you are obviously not up to an educated discussion about this topic so I'm gonna follow everyone's advice and leave the troll to his hole..

No specifics? You look it up idiot. Ever heard of Google? Guess not. And people who ignore me are that way primarily because they can't debate me. Red-liar continues because he likes the pain and embarrassment I guess. Plus, he has nothing better to do on his MAF layovers.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ok Jenny. Why don't you let me know how many RJs Delta has since you have the resources. You completely dodged that number because it's an embarrassment to you.

And again, what does our acquisition of AirTran have to do with any of this discussion? You love to pull this out of thin air like it's a special talking point for you. It's done and over. It would be like me talking day after day about the NW guys that got screwed. What would that have to do about this discussion? You can never stay on topic.

Give it a try General, how many RJs? Give me a number.

PS - Cost does matter, but in your legacy way of thinking...you never care. Ever.

Red,

Costs do matter, and I'd say DL buying used Md90s at $8-9 million each including engines would count. Throw in the great 717 deal that got via you guys(paying over $100 million to refurb them) should point out that DL cares about costs. Throw in parking 215 50 seaters due to inefficiencies, and I think I've proven that costs matter. I've given 3 examples right there.

As far as RJ numbers, they are sinking below 500 now, with another 120 to go by 2015, when all 88 of your 717s arrive. In all, 215 50 seaters will go, and 70 76 seaters added, all of which will replace 50 seaters on routes 717s couldn't profitably go. I know where you got the 600 number, but it hasn't been updated yet. You should know about canceling cities due to lack of profitability, you guys cut 17 AT cities.

Bye Bye---General Lee

56 posts today and still going. What a waste of O2.

56 posts today and still going. What a waste of O2.

And you counted? 56? Really? Looks like you wasted your time, and it shows you can't count. Even if that were true, you still haven't contributed ONE post with substance relevant to this industry. Why? Because you are a complete idiot. Yup.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back