Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska pilots - please think twice before you vote!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gentlemen,

I have tried to return to the offensive post to edit out my gratuitous cheap shot. Unfortunately, there appears to be a time limit.

That said, I want to apologize to S.K. and the board for the comment. While I do not agree with him politically, his heart is in the right place vis-a-vis our furloughed brothers and sisters.

Gentlemen,

I have tried to return to the offensive post to edit out my gratuitous cheap shot. Unfortunately, there appears to be a time limit.

That said, I want to apologize to S.K. and the board for the comment. While I do not agree with him politically, his heart is in the right place vis-a-vis our furloughed brothers and sisters.

Thank you.

This is not some noble effort on my part...this is purely selfish. I don't REALLY give a damn about the new hires. I don't know who they are or when/if their will be new hires. I have only my own self-interest at heart.

Makes me wonder, do you feel the same about us furloughed folks?

The "I got mine" crowd is still alive and kicking.

S.K. is a godsend. Although his funds do not cover all of my expenses, I depend on them to make it day to day. At this point, I am 4 months furloughed. I obviously cannot find any aviation related jobs (flying or non-flying), lack experience with my degree to find a good job outside of the industry, and find myself overqualified to get a minimum wage job. The recession is real.

ZP

Did not have to think twice.....No scope, no retro...That was the easiest no ballot I have ever cast .....And the silly attempt to sweep a real grievance under the rug......At least I can cancel one kool-aid drinker

... Though this is just an opinion from one of our pilots who atteneded the first road show, it's an important and a valid point. Have any of you thought the possibility that our own MEC/NC's arms are being twisted by national and/or some outside force to sell this TA? Think really hard on why our guys are trying to sell this devisive TA. ...

Ya think. Did the company also toss in indemnity protection if they get it passed and are subsequently sued?

Did not have to think twice.....No scope, no retro...That was the easiest no ballot I have ever cast .....And the silly attempt to sweep a real grievance under the rug......At least I can cancel one kool-aid drinker

How did you manage to vote on a TA that didn't even exist until a month after you quit?:confused:
All the venom in your little hissy fit and you didn't back up all your big man tough talk? Looks like you're happy to be in the ranks of "silver spoon entitlement co-pilots" after all, eh?

How about doing us all a favor and cancel out the Drama Queen in front of your keyboard.

This is for everyone hired after May 1st, 2005...... If you had not listened to your daddy or your sugar daddy or your wifes daddy or you wifes sugar daddy or in some cases your husbands sugar daddy and done your own thinking....(not what you typically find in you typical silver spoon alaska airlines copilot) than you would have realized that this place is a $hithole and is likely to continue to be a $hithole and in fact has always been a $hithole........ I have listened to all of you tell me how it is better then (insert large regional airline here)but all of you were senior captains and check airman( well almost all of you)some were just entitlement copilots and some were typical myopic military pilots but you all had a job at the top of your local food chain....You listened to the siren song coming from your checkairman friend(for you military types)or your daddy or your daddys friend etc...for the rest of you....And boom...your little dream threw a rod(pm me if you need an explanation of that term)And now you are furloughed or being force based etc......booh efin hoo.....All of the hiring from jan of 07 on and all of the upgrades were for the purpose of removing the MD-80 from the fleet...period..Those in the know at the time were quite liberal with that information....It is called a training bubble... unfortunateley for y'all, age 65 hit at the same time and the economy took a ********************ter....course the economy takin' a ********************ter could be seen from 3-5 years away......So your out of a job or you aint a captain anymore ore you have to move to a new base....tough $hit.....I have sent about three grand towards the furloughed dudes and dudetes to help them find a home depot job etc....for all the rest of you winey cry babies....get over it...I am making room for someone on march 2nd to stay at this house of cards......yea I lost my capt. seat to some LA guy but I got sick of the noise and just plain quit.....No job to go to but at least I wont have to sit in the right seat and listen to some punk who lands half way down the runway how bad he got screwed........ oh yea and to all of the vsa w************************* and the over 60 w*************************.....none of whom have donated a dime to help your furloughed brothers and sisters....may parkinsons come early to you............................Done here

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back