• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALASKA PILOTS - Please read!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Voted no yesterday. For the record I'm an 8 year FO, descent seniority in base and haven't been on reserve in years. I just can't see voting for a contract that effectively screws me and guys junior to me so senior line holding Captains can get a few more years in and a few extra dollars for retirement. But there is more than just that. In fact that is the least of my worries. Ayer has said all along that he wouldn't give retro pay and that this would be cost neutral and he got both. Why would any self respecting professional pilot vote for this. A lousy pay increase and 1.7% average step for a few years? That will all be gone with the increases in health insurance. This is not a good deal. The company is not looking out for us and are not giving us more money in a bad economy to be nice. We are going to get screwed and any pilot that doesn't think so is fooling themselves.

Alpa wants this to start the ball rolling so we can get back to pattern bargaining and get the pilots that get the big money raises so Alpa can get their dues back up. Well last time I checked I pay dues to Alpa to work for me, not the other way around. This is about more than just business. This is a chance for a group of pilots that have had such low self respect for them selves that we were happy being treated like number six so our company could make money year after year and tell us that we are number one. I'm F'n sick of this.

I am perfectly willing to sit for a year or so at Kasher wages than to slowly start cutting my own throat for the remainder of my career. Where does it end? I know I don't have to tell the junior guys that this is not good but if there was ever a time to convince the select few that will benefit from this this is it.

Read this TA for what it is. It is a concessionary contract for the better part of the pilot group. It is a chance for us to voluntarily cut our own throats one contract at a time.

For Gods sake people, take your skirt off and show that we have a pair. It's time to act like a union!

Last edited:
voted no. I'm not going to support the never-ending degradation of my career. This contract gains ZERO traction in the right direction. It's another paycut. Sorry. It's going to pass, but not with me onboard.

Good arguments and then this garbage:

You present false choices.

Each individual gets one vote. Because their vote may differ from yours doesn't make them wrong or dishonest and immoral. If you're trying to win someone's vote over, I'd suggest keeping your points limited to the TA and how it will affect us and drop the silly name calling.

Regards

Point well taken, however I'm not trying to win anyone over. Everyone knows what is right and wrong here. Some just like to lie to themselves to feel better. Just read the TA and if you can't figure it out on your own, then no one can help you. It is clearly a good deal for solid line holding captains and bad for the rest of us. Do the math... it's a cost neutral contract for the company, but that is not what matters to me. If it's cost neutral and good for the MAJORITY, then great! But, it ain't. We need to bury the fear of xxxxx (fill in the blank) and stand up for once. We are about to put Cortizone on a cancerous tumor.

What's the use anyway. TA will probably pass. Not too many want to travel the narrow path. Isn't this why we are where we are today - our profession, our economy, our society to just mention a few.
Here's to one more "H*ll NO"!

Latest resources

Back