• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska New Hire Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds pretty promising at Alaska. Thanks for the updates, and I have even quit my dearly beloved Skoal Wintergreen Longcut to come aboard.

Pre-9/11 vs. Post-9/11 Silver Bullets

I heard a rumor that Alaska was only interviewing applicants that had expressed interest prior to 9/11 as they don't want the applicant who is targeting Alaska simply because it is the only major currently hiring. Any truth to this?

That certainly seems to be the impression that Alaska and indeed most of the people on the board have been giving. It seems that if you were downloaded by AK from UPAS prior to 9/11 than perhaps that constitutes interest?
I know I was downloaded numerous times and I also sent in the cover letter to Alaska pre-attack but I'm not sure if that is enough. I do finally have a silver-bullet recommendation and I hope to hear from them soon.

Good luck to all interested, it is a great company.:cool:

When Heidi called me to interview. She said I was on the approved call list since I had applied prior to 9/11.

I would guess that means a UPAS download.

The UPAS download and a Silver bullet is all they are calling, but I don't know if that is still going on? But never give up. If this is where you want to work, keep plugging away. You won't be disappointed.

Alaska Hiring

Just some info on Alaska hiring. They have filled classes all the way through November. The next class is August 5th. The next two or three classes will again be 737, but that is subject to change at any time. Usually two or three QX guys in each class along with a mix of military and civ. Seven or eight seems to be the magical # in each class, but the November class has 13 slots. Good luck to all.

If they have filled classes through Nov. how many of the ~94 new hires have already been selected for the year? Are they still interviewing?

still going, and going and going...

As of last Friday, there were 87 people on the call list. These are the "silver bullets" who will be called in the next year.
Paul Majer has recently said that there would be 108 new hires from May 02 to May 03. He also said that is a minimum number and there would probably be more that 108 hired. The company seems to always underestimate the number of new hires they need, and usually end up hiring more than they expected to.
The class size seems to be about 6 to 8. The training department is going to be pushed pretty hard between now and Jan, do to a recent bid for about 50 new captains. That bid is effective Jan 1, so a lot of people need to go through the school house between now and then - hence the small new hire class sizes - they just can't train that many people that fast...
Good luck to all.

Gents,

New to the board, so bear with me. I had my stuff downloaded from Alaska via UPAS right around 9/11 (I think the day before). I now have a SB, so is there a number I can call to see if I made that cutoff?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AS

alaska

Just curious if anyone on these boards is slated for the August 5th class? If so, drop me an email @ f28driver@aol. Thanks.

Alaska August 5th Class

Talked with Heidi this morning. Asked her about the breakdown of the upcoming August 5th class. She was very busy but said it would be a mix of MD and 737 with mostly SEA slots.

Latest resources

Back