Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska L-39 NTSB Preliminary Released...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
81Horse said:
I thought it was about whether or not the General's wife is hot ...

Yes, the General's wife is hot. At least I think so anyway...but then again, anything above room temperature that smells good, is hot to me.

No, the discussion did not turn into a discussion about war, nor terrorism. This thread remains to be a thread on the L-39 crash and the subject of the owner's alleged possession and transportation of Title II firearms, which require that a TAX be paid.

And to answer Mar...smacked, yes. Reason for soldiers dying, I agree with Mar's question, my question to HangerRat was merely rhetorical.

thats cool, i skimmed over parts of it and saw something about soldiers dying and stuff and was to lazy to read all 5 pages, so i just assumed it got way off topic

epic! said:
thats cool, i skimmed over parts of it and saw something about soldiers dying and stuff and was to lazy to read all 5 pages, so i just assumed it got way off topic

No problem.

In summation...

I think we figured out that the Federal Government has the authority to regulate a) Import/Export b) Interstate Commerce c) National Security d) Crimes against the Federal Government.

We know for a fact that the owner of the L-39 was indicted on the alleged possession and transportation of a Destructive Device, which is regulated by the ATF as Title II firearm. Which requires compliance procedure, including a $200.00 Tax.

What we don't know for sure, is whether or not a de-militarized rocket pod is actually a Destructive Device and not just some hunk of metal with an EVIL shape. That's what the trial will discover.

Any other questions?

We also figured out that fnfal can't do anything without posting pages and pages of garbage.

WTF is jutting foreheads and monobrow anyways? Get a grip.

HangerRat said:
WTF is jutting foreheads and monobrow anyways?
It was a present the milk man left to you in the form of genetic coding, nothing to be ashamed of.

HangerRat said:
umm. ok you are one funny homo.
So now that you're all studied up, see the chunk of metal for sale on the link for about what a first year airline pilot will gross...

http://mr40mm.com/page7.html

...how much is the "TAX" on that item?

HS125 said:
Actually, you and me can't pay a tax on that. It's a Post 1986 Dealer Sample...so it's transfer is tax exempt. Those can only transfer between the Government, Class II manufacturers and Class III dealers. If it was made and registered before 1986, it could have been transferable on a 200.00 tax. There's only about 6 of those pre-1986 transferable "mini-guns" in the US and they sell for better than a 250,000.00 bucks. So that's what you and me would be able to pay a 200.00 tax on...if we we're rich.

Kind of confusing isn't it? Kind of illustrates how easy the L-39 guy may have gotten himself into hot water with the rocket pod situtation.

What I would like to know is how come the feds just now realized that these rocket pods were "Destructive Devices"?

The article said they had "Russian" writing on them, so that would indicate that they were imported. And that means that they either came in as de-militarized metal objects with Russian writing on them or they came in as war equipment and somebody did the paperwork to import them.

Here's the real question...how come who ever sold these items to the L-39 operator isn't mentioned in any indictments?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back