• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

alaska info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the info guys. Does anyone know if they use a 737 sim or MD-80 or both?

Mar, haven't actually flown around Alaska. The closest is 135 around the San Juan islands. Probably the funnest flying job I ever had.

Jeepman said:
Thanks for the info guys. Does anyone know if they use a 737 sim or MD-80 or both?

Mar, haven't actually flown around Alaska. The closest is 135 around the San Juan islands. Probably the funnest flying job I ever had.

I assume you mean at the interview. They use both, just a crap shoot. If you get the profiles before hand I would suggest practicing them on microsoft flight sim. Sounds crazy, but it is just about as good as the sim they use up a bfi. It helped me for just getting the profiles down.

Sure we have aircraft on order. They say they're either for growth, or for replacment of older aircraft, Gee, I wonder which one it will be. I also know that there is a heck of a lot of interest in the 90 seat rj's across the street. We won't know what they're going to do until they do it. orders, options, expectaitions and especially promises, from Ayer and his band of liars and theives is completely worthless. I've been told on this forum for the last few years that I'm full of it and I should just chill out and take my meds, (which was funny by the way) but I must point out the fact that I am right 98% of the time. Alaska Airlines isn't my first rodeo and I know how these A-holes think.

While Bill Ayer publically feigns disgust at the other airlines terminating pension plans, behind closed doors, they're scheming on how to take ours. They have already tried for new hires and failed, but mark my words, they will eventually get their filthy hands on our A plan. It's just a matter of time. Make no mistake how ruthless these SOB's are. Ivan Lee inconvenienced Bill Ayer for one hour and it cost him 6 months of pay and God knows what to his retirement multiplier. These are not nice people. Another prediction, We will be living with the Kasher Award for 4 to 5 years. Not the 2 years than many think it will be. Because as history proves time and again, at all airlines, they will drag their feet until the 11th hour to make a deal. As far as a strike goes...that will never, ever happen. We are to materially valuable to the state of Alaska. I'm a realist not a pessamist. Judge by results and facts and see for yourself.

Why can't we have a strike where we say we won't fly south of Seattle? Uncle Ted couldn't say much about that.

Singlecoil said:
Why can't we have a strike where we say we won't fly south of Seattle? Uncle Ted couldn't say much about that.

How would that work? How would you decide who would do the flying the most senior guys in ANC or???? Sounds good, but would it really work?

09-04-2005 23:49JeepmanDoes anyone know of the place on BFI that does the sim prep? Is there another good place to go to prep?

Aviation Training Center...They are great...I interviewed at Alaska Airlines in Jan 2003 and went through their prep. I was more than prepared. They have really great feedback from the sim portion of the interviw. Good Luck!

...............................................................................................................

Last edited:
Finally a little light at the end of the tunnel for us.....It looks like Bagman is the first head to roll...Hopefully some more heads roll along with his but his had to be first.... A couple more from the Anglers and then a tactical nuke on the second floor to clean out that den of gravy suckin', pilot hating, day maggots and we might actually be able to get our act together and run an airline for a change......oh yea... term limits for everyone....four years and you are out........

I'll gladly give you my name, number, and exact location on the "second floor" where I do nothing day in and day out except work on behalf of the pilots. Feel free to come by and discuss it anytime. I would be happy to listen to your (and any other pilot who stops by) suggestions on what I can do to improve the MD training program. Or, perhaps you would like to deliver the nuke yourself?

Latest resources

Back