Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska guys: Tell me about flying the 737-200.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
During the summer you won't sleep. If you're not flying you're fishing and if you're not fishing, you're flying. Sitting on the ramp in OTZ picking up freight at 1 in the morning, wondering why you aren't tired, staring at the sun, thinking about which river you are going to hit when you get back, pondering if you can get the fish cleaned in time to make the run the next night. No sleep- just fish,fly,fish,fly,fish,fly.......

Has Boeing ever offered or tried to put a gravel kit on the 4/7? I'd think there might be other markets besides Alaska for it.

I know Alaska is converting some -400's into combi's. Wouldn't it make more sense to convert -700's vs -400's? Isn't the -700 comparable to the -200 in performance?

So how often do you land on gravel strips? And is it hard to sleep with the sun up half the year? Or do you make it up in the winter when there in no sun and your freezing?

And the best part is you get to fly with people who have traditionally thought the job is worth 92% of what the other carriers get because we get to fly in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest.

Ty Webb said:
if I could get my wife to move anywhere north of the of the 30 degree North Latitude line.

Hey Ty,
Don't let the "wife" stand in the way of your dreams!!!!:beer: PS-I know that is next to impossible!!:crying: :laugh:

alaskaplt said:
And the best part is you get to fly with people who have traditionally thought the job is worth 92% of what the other carriers get because we get to fly in Alaska and the Pacific Northwest.

Maybe that attitude will change now that there is no arbitration. Hopefully.

Don't be an enabler!

Repeat after me, I (state your name) have a problem. I am an enabler. I last enabled (#of hours, or days)...(applause). I am here because I need help (applause).

I thought I'd heard there were 700's on order to be delivered as combis. Did that fall thru? Too bad I'm a smoker with no turbine PIC. Sure be nice to get back home.

Latest resources

Back