• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Furloughs 32 on January 5th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got the call from the base CP half an hour ago.

The only details I know:

-32 to be furloughed
-Effective January 5th
-Health for three months
-Possible retention of travel benefits

Best of luck to us

ZP

Unfortunate for the 32 to get fuc........I mean furloughed. However, I believe this is straight from Ford and Harrison and does not have anything to do with staffing. Ask any one who has been on reserve how adequately staffed the airline is.

True since the MD retirement that we are going to be a little fat for a time. But the last of the MD pilots wont be trained until spring sometime and the it will be time to ramp up for the summer schedule.

It will cost the company more to furlough and then retrain the FO's and certain Capt. downgrades than to just eat the overstaffing, if you could call it that. The company has stated that they want a contract signed by years end. What beter way than to scare the pilots with confirmed furlough numbers. I'm also betting that they want something signed before the new administration takes place.

Stay strong everyone.

What happened to the 137 early out apps?

I flew quite a bit last month on reserve in SEA. I didn't get guarantee, but middle of the pack for SEA FO's was around 40 hours and I was higher than middle. I agree that this has more to do with Ford and Harrison and that management would rather finalize a contract under our current administration.

Still stinks for those of us in the line of fire.

The rumor I heard is that management wanted Kemp to call people on the "Thanksgiving Eve" and he said, "No, it can wait til Monday."

That sounds like '92 to me.

Latest resources

Back