Alaska...eastward bound

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On Horizon

If you want to compare "maps"You will see no colors in our route system other than Canyon Blue and and no other aircraft other than 737s..
I thought I'd just throw out one other little comment.
On top of the Alaska Airlines destinations Horizon serves an additional roughly 43 desinations in the Pacific time zone.
I may have miscounted, there were a lot of them. Alaska and Horizon are jointly owned by Alaska Air Group. Therefore they are a huge part of the company and the two airlines feed off each other. It is due to Horizon that we can justify serving smaller communities.
Horizon is an asset, not a liability as you seem to think they are.
They, however, do not need to be counted to make Alaska the dominant west coast carrier.

After further review i will say that if you include the Alaskan,Mexican as well as Our friends up north in the totals you are correct..Alaska does have more cities served..If you choose to keep it a mainland west coast argument then i think ive got you..

The cities served by SWA are..
Seattle
Spokane
Portland
Sacramento
Oakland
San Jose
Burbank
Los Angeles
San Diego
Orange County
Ontario

Would it be too much to ask that both Las Vegas and Reno be included for a total of 13..?If not..Then i think that my 11 beats your 10 any day..

I also believe that we have more departures daily but i dont have enough brain power nor work well enough with numbers larger than 9 to be able to put it together for the sake of a good argument..

While i didnt state so..My objection over the press release was based on west coast main land cities..I did not include in my thinking anything above Washington nor south of the border..

You may consider me good and well spanked...I will now limp off into my cave and sulk for awhile after a great argument well fought and won by my better..

MLBWINGBORN

Almost...

Would it be too much to ask that both Las Vegas and Reno be included for a total of 13..?If not..Then i think that my 11 beats your 10 any day..
No, it would not. But be advised that Alaska serves both of those destinations as well as two that were on your list that I did not count-Sacramento and Spokane-neither of which are coastal cities.
So if you take away Horizon, the state of Alaska, Canada, and Mexico (in other words only counting California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington) then Alaska's list looks something like this:

Seattle
Spokane
Portland
Reno
Sacramento
San Francisco
Oakland
San Jose
Las Vegas
Palm Springs
San Diego
LAX
Burbank
Long Beach
Orange County
Ontario

I guess Alaska's 16 beats your 13 ANY DAY.
Questions?

Are they even still in the Union

I guess we need a refresher from 6th grade History/Geography.

Alaska is still part of the Union and it is on the west coast of the Union. As a result, the cities that Alaska serves north of SEA do count.

You guys need a beer or three for that effort. Hell, that is better than a Mike Tyson fight.

Bake

In every way???

Hmmmm...

SWA 2nd qrtr = 102.3 million profit

ALK 2nd qrtr = 4.5 million loss

I wont even mention SWA's last 30 years of profits.

Latest resources

Back