• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Upgrade at Alaska is not quick at all. Going to be slower after this contract. Most Alaska pilots are not commuters so they don't leave or retire early. Productivity is high so they need fewer pilots. Airframe orders don't amount to much growth considering they are mostly replacements. It is what it is. I'm thinking 15 years to be ANC reserve capt for the 6-8 yr group that I'm in.

Ya, and just think, if we get gobbled up by big daddy delta and stapled to the bottom of their list, we will be looking at 15-20 yr upgrade!

Hell, I'll retire an FO, with 21 yrs seniority!!!!

More Skywest flying.....Im shocked...but our MEC said there wouldn't be anymore...."Alaska only makes money with the 737....RJ's don't matter"....Im so glad they know what they are doing. NOT!!

More Skywest flying.....Im shocked...but our MEC said there wouldn't be anymore...."Alaska only makes money with the 737....RJ's don't matter"....Im so glad they know what they are doing. NOT!!

Did they really say that...?? If so you got to show me so I can get even more p- offed...

In the FAQs, the NC/MEC wrote that this additional SkyWest flying was revealed to them during negotiations.

Most of us knew 3 more CRJ-700s were being returned to AAG this year. They're going to be put to use somehow.

Additionally, we have know way of knowing if this isn't more AAG Shell Game. The one where they add a route by pulling down another.

Ya, and just think, if we get gobbled up by big daddy delta and stapled to the bottom of their list, we will be looking at 15-20 yr upgrade!

Hell, I'll retire an FO, with 21 yrs seniority!!!!
At least all the weak d**** captain yes voters with less than 18-20 years of senioritywill be going back to the right seat....imagine their tune will change

Actually Hawaiian is by far the quickest in the industry right now. That type of thing always changes dramatically from year to year, but HA has enough airplanes on order with their A321 neo's coming that it is still probably a relatively quick upgrade.

CAL was 5 years pre-merger. Spirit is 2. Virgin is 2. Delta is 13. SWA is 10.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back