• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We'll find out on Wednesday at the earliest.
They have to settle the furlough grievances first, before they can put out the contract for our viewing/griping pleasure.

We'll find out on Wednesday at the earliest.
They have to settle the furlough grievances first, before they can put out the contract for our viewing/griping pleasure.

Just wondering where you heard that and also what does the new contract have to do with the furloughs?? I thought the grievances were not going to be heard until June?

My response from this thread:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=121497

TA's finally on it's way! But not until the furloughees get sold out first. What are they going to sell us out for you say? What will we get for the company violating section 23 of the CBA which resulted in this illegal furlough?

Non-rev travel (which we can't use cause who has $$$ to travel when you're out of a job) and shifting COBRA reimbursement to the company instead of the ALPA assessment that the pilot group voted in late last year. And since the compny has already demonstrated that they can't follow a legal labor agreement, they'll find a way to weasel out of the COBRA reimbursement as well. They'll just figure that they can settle for something stupid. And if this settlement goes through next week, it'll just prove to the company that the union will take such $hitty deals in the future.

This is a fact, not a rumor. This settlement is on the table and it will be decided on this week. Contact your MEC rep yourself if you don't believe what you read on the internet.

This settlement is apparently holding up the TA from what I was told. We're waiting to see if the MEC is going to sell us out just to get a TA out...

Settlement. There's gotta be a better word for it. How about sell-out-ament.

"Oh, gee, you're broke? How about some travel benefits that don't cost the company anything?"

"What's that? You can't afford to go anywhere because you're unemployed? Don't worry, we'll only let you travel for a year."

Settlement. There's gotta be a better word for it. How about sell-out-ament.

"Oh, gee, you're broke? How about some travel benefits that don't cost the company anything?"

"What's that? You can't afford to go anywhere because you're unemployed? Don't worry, we'll only let you travel for a year."

What specifically is the grievance regarding the 60 or so Alaska Furloughees pertain too?

IOW, what did the company do wrong exactly?

All this quite time after the meeting is making me uneasy about the whole thing! Wonder if the vote is split and now they are trying to persuade the other side to see it their way and vote yea or nea?

What specifically is the grievance regarding the 60 or so Alaska Furloughees pertain too?

IOW, what did the company do wrong exactly?

Read my last post. That's what is being proposed and the MEC is actually considering. If you read the first sentence in section 23 it says:

1. Reduce Bid Blocks: In the event the Company furloughs pilots, the Company and the MEC shall meet and establish a program for reducing the number of hours in the bid blocks to prevent the
furlough.

The company did not do this. Keeping in mind that the key word is PREVENT. Not reduce. Not mitigate. Bid blocks were not reduced as they were required to. Look at the lines now, an average of 81 across the board and creeping higher as summer approaches. A grievance (one of several) was sent to address this because this, in addition to other grievances, makes this furlough illegal. Instead of fighting it to the end, the proposal I spoke of earlier is now on the table. Winning this grievance could get us all back on property but instead, we may get travel benefits for a year that we can't use. I call that being sold out.

The TA was unanimously approved. Should be out soon.

Latest resources

Back