• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What exactly is a SWA wannabe?

Answer by av8instyle:
Can I take a guess??
....Someone that wants to be at SWA?

Ditto. Yes, someone that wants to be at SWA.

Why would ALK hire someone that wanted to be at SWA?
My point exactly!
That's why it is so screwed up!

Perhaps the SWA wannabees got the call from Alaska first, perhaps they did not get hired at SWA.

Z

fly-n-fish and old school 737, you guys must both be post kasher to be involving your friends in this place and if not then shame on both of you.....

It seems like now would be a good time for them to get their friends on there. Pay can only go up.

It seems like now would be a good time for them to get their friends on there. Pay can only go up.

If that is what you believe then you must be very new to Horizon or you took a huge bong hit and still have the"Horizon High".....The smoke and mirror show is about to begin and you can be sure that regardless of what the numbers show.....The Airgroup's opener to us will provide us with less effective income annually than we now have. It is their intent to push the amount of guaranteed income that they have to pay(hourly, salary, retirement etc...) below the level that Kasher set and then add back in all kinds of bonuses, profit sharing, performance based pay etc.....to make it appear that if we all run out and bust our ass3es then we will be living the dream......unlike you guys at horizon where there are still horizon employees running the show, on the alaska side we are a virtual airline....so performance and profits are in the hands of a dozen sub contractors.....All we will hear (as we do now )is how we just missed the target for one reason or another........So yes it is a great time to get your friends on at alaska so they can get a little more experience and move on to a real airline....that would be one that has not repeated its first year of experience over 70 times

Tico,
We'll only get what we vote for.

That is true brother....and that must be why our union is being very direct and preparing us for a strike....You know, put life on hold for a couple years so that the next 20 get better....Sell the fancy house in Gig Harbor, Forgo that vacation, put the young ones back in public school, get the bills paid ahead six months to a year, get the family spooled for some ugliness.......Except wait...when I am in the crew room everyone is back to the usual bulllsh!t....look at pictures of my new house and my vacation and all that other sh!!t.....I am ready and waiting to take a baseball bat with a 24"x24" sign stapled to it out on the street and give this place the middle finger and get all I can get for as long as I can get it.....But are you..maybe, but you can d@mn sure bet that 50.1% of our pilot group is not and will fade in fear when they are facing the fire.... and we will end up choking on our own Sh!t until 2015 or beyond..........What says you to that!!!!!

Well, mine's pretty easy. I've got a guard job that pays more than the airline so I'm ready to walk tomorrow. Unfortunately for most it won't be that easy. I don't want to kill the goose...but we're WAAY below where we should fairly be.

As far as guys saying we can strike!!!!! I don't think it would even happen for many years after May 1st and I doubt that Ted Stevens would ever let it happen. And unfortunatly I think the company knows it.

But on another note I heard that Alaska's MEC had a major part in getting the new ALPA Pres elected!! And that can only be a good thing.

Uncle Ted

Uncle Ted is a factor if there were to ever be an Alaska strike. Don't think otherwise. The man is the king of pork, he has provided who knows how many gazillion dollars to the state. We are chump change to him. Doesn't matter anyhow - a strike would be years away. It is really not worth talking about.
I have always believed, the real power is with your pen and the throttles in the cockpit, not standing on the street holding a silly sign.
BRW, SCC, OTZ, OME, ADQ, PSG, WRG, SIT, DLG, BET, AKN, ADK, YAK, CDV with a pen and a problem = 100% more effect than the street with a sign.

Uncle Ted is a factor if there were to ever be an Alaska strike. Don't think otherwise. The man is the king of pork, he has provided who knows how many gazillion dollars to the state. We are chump change to him. Doesn't matter anyhow - a strike would be years away. It is really not worth talking about.
I have always believed, the real power is with your pen and the throttles in the cockpit, not standing on the street holding a silly sign.
BRW, SCC, OTZ, OME, ADQ, PSG, WRG, SIT, DLG, BET, AKN, ADK, YAK, CDV with a pen and a problem = 100% more effect than the street with a sign.
Except there are warmer places to have a problem, and better problem trips, ie in the middle of a 4-day. Not a turn. You only screw yourself.

Latest resources

Back