• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska and SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't say they were the same...I said they were the closest. Name an airline that is more similar in things important to SLI.

SWA is all domestic, Alaska is mostly domestic.

Junior CA at Alaska is currently about 12 years...Junior CA at SWA is about 11.

Alaska 737 pilots are among the highest paid narrow body pilots in the industry, SWA 737 pilots are the highest paid narrow body pilots in the industry (not counting freighters).

Alaska flies slow but adopts technology fast. SWA flies fast but adopts technology slow.

Anyway...not the same...but hard to find an airline any closer.

Roger, I didn't think SLI when you said similar.... all valid points for the SLI.

But why would Southwest want to merge with a Delta Connection carrier!?!?! (he say's while stirring the pot!!!)

But why would Southwest want to merge with a Delta Connection carrier!?!?! (he say's while stirring the pot!!!)

Because we've made a one BEEELLION dollars..

Boom...you're roasted.

Mookie

SWA has $4.5BIL in available cash.
Just because you have the money does not mean you can "afford" to buy ALK. I have a million in the bank doesn't mean I can afford an a Ferrari. Besides to buy them you would have to offer a premium above their market cap of 2.3 billion. Probably have to offer 3.3 billion to even get them to take a look.

Please buy us(b6). AS! Would love to work at a well run company with a solid CBA

It'd be nice if the B6 pilots could do it themselves instead of hoping that a CBA will be inherited. It takes work, time, and although I know many of the B6 pilots are grateful to be working at rates similar to their unionized industry peers, some need to understand that their hourly rates and work rules, have been negotiated on the backs of others that have worked hard to get them.

Just my $0.02

Latest resources

Back