Alaska Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rhino,

Happy Thanksgiving from the far corner of the country. Hope you get that phone call soon.

I received an offer on 12/24/02 and will be in the 1/03/05 class. I didn't think they would pull people out of the pool like this, though.

Ten people in a class.......Big , bold move.....Like ten pilots will make any difference...Let me see, on 1/2/05 they will call those ten and tell them that they have to delay the class because they have not settled the contract...Which will in their little pea brains create a sh#t storm and all kinds of finger pointing and help distract people from the real issues.....If you have been called, don't put all your eggs in Alaska basket until you are done with IOE...........

dogg said:
Ten people in a class.......Big , bold move.....Like ten pilots will make any difference...Let me see, on 1/2/05 they will call those ten and tell them that they have to delay the class because they have not settled the contract...Which will in their little pea brains create a sh#t storm and all kinds of finger pointing and help distract people from the real issues.....If you have been called, don't put all your eggs in Alaska basket until you are done with IOE...........
Speaking of "pea brain", you have certainly put your own on display with your in-depth analysis of Alaska Airlines. What did they do, turn your a@@ down? If so, then that shows excellent judgement on their part.

By the way, check the 3rd Qtr financial stats of all the major airlines. Based on those results, I would be MORE than happy to "put my eggs" in their basket as opposed to yours. LOSER. First rate PROVEN loser. Dogg, Twin Cessna pilot.:rolleyes:

Congrats to those who were called for the Jan class. It is good news that there is some movement in the pool. It will be a great day when the pool is emptied. Hopefully soon after the contract is settled.

A hopeful at heart.

Anyone out there have an idea of how contract negotiations are going? Anyone know if Virgin America is still going to happen? Are they, or some other LCC, going to invade Alaska's lower 48/Mexico routes soon? Is the "2010" plan going to keep the LCC's at bay? What have day to day operations been like with all the changes that recently occured? How is moral? Buy, hold, or sell? Look into your insider's crystal ball and tell us the future.

All this "pool" talk is wearing me out. I imagine many others on this board would be interested in knowing what's going on there now. (from a line pilot's perspective) What are the big issues?

Thanks in advance.

FarginDooshbahg said:
Speaking of "pea brain", you have certainly put your own on display with your in-depth analysis of Alaska Airlines. What did they do, turn your a@@ down? If so, then that shows excellent judgement on their part.

By the way, check the 3rd Qtr financial stats of all the major airlines. Based on those results, I would be MORE than happy to "put my eggs" in their basket as opposed to yours. LOSER. First rate PROVEN loser. Dogg, Twin Cessna pilot.:rolleyes:

HMMMMMM....... ah never mind.

Well, I know for a fact that one of our captains was called for a class in Jan. I'm sure he will be all over the -200 if he gets it - he's a -200 type of a guy. PM if anybody has questions about it.

Latest resources

Back