• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Airlines Looking for Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I REALLY hope you're kidding. This is when sick time should be used...perfect weather, good surf, family time, and low reserves...Make em' hurt!!

Baja.

Yeah, I was just paraphrasing the plea for help from the front office. Has anyone else figured out why they (us/MEC) pushed so hard to have this thing voted in by Mid May? I really don't think the summer schedule would've happened w/o recalling furloughed folks or getting the new rules in place by the overwhelmingly pilot approved CBA. Great job guys!!!

Management has the union calling pilots to question them about their sick time usage. Don't know if it matters, doesn't make me any less sick.

Sick Leave is a benefit. We are entitled to use it for any reason listed in the AIM. I'd bet we're all familiar with the IMSAFE checklist: ILLNESS, MEDICATION, STRESS, ALCOHOL, FATIGUE, EMOTION. MY response to anyone pressing me for details as to why I am calling in sick would be to question whether they are familiar with HIPAA Privacy Laws. The company feels that just because we signed a contract we are all on board. Let me tell you, EMOTIONS are still running high, especially after this latest round furlough talk Bullsh!t, and people are not on board. Maybe management should be focused on the long term success of this company and show some legitimate good faith rather than the short term cost savings a furlough might have. Start bringing back the 60 currently furloughed and you'd see a different pilot group.

Last edited:
Let me tell you, EMOTIONS are still running high, especially after this latest round furlough talk Bullsh!t, and people are not on board. Maybe they should be focused on the long term success of this company and show some legitimate good faith rather than the short term cost savings a furlough might have. Start bringing back the 60 currently furloughed and you'd see a different pilot group.

CP,

You hit the nail on the head. Emotions & stress are high among almost all junior pilots.

Unfortunately, we're all cost units and Angle Lake will treat us as such and not as people with families.

It's apparent that they don't teach humanity or human factors in business school.

Good luck to us all.

Latest resources

Back