Alaska Airlines hiring 100

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dashtrash said:
There was a time when AS wondered why so few Horizon pilots would apply. IMO, that day will come again. Everyone has his or her limits. Two per class? Please.

Suit yourself. Two is better than none, wouldn't you agree?

I guess the little campfire icon and the bomb with the fuse lit on my earlier post didn't make it obvious enough that I was joking/flamebaiting. I've got more time at QX than at AS.

I think it is gonna take a bit more than just a silver bullet right now. I had an internship, 2 check airmen, director of training, and a union rep all on my side. The guy I ran into during my interview had been to many of the airincs over the last couple of years, a SEA guy, and he had 2 bullets. Neither of us are QX guys. I'm from the midwest and was questioned alot about commuting during the interview.

AS is in a great place for 121 PAX airlines right now. There will be a LOT of resumes really soon. UPS and FEDEX have over 10,000 apps on file. I would like to know the numbers on file at AS.

by the way, I've heard that they have started the pilot board up again. From what i've heard no sim if you have 121 experience. I have also heard that they have upped the unoffical required time as well. ( I think it will take alot more than 750 pic, i have 2900 pic 121-turbine).

Good luck, and any possible gouge for the interview would be much appreciated.

mookie

I have visited with PM and CG at job fairs over the last 3 years, app online since early '04, 1 silver bullet, two additional LORs, 2900 jet PIC....no call yet...
who knows wat it takes...

Z

Z_Pilot said:
I have visited with PM and CG at job fairs over the last 3 years, app online since early '04, 1 silver bullet, two additional LORs, 2900 jet PIC....no call yet...
who knows wat it takes...

Z

Positive attitude and patience

In time you will get a call.

mach none said:
I now remember the "bid up" program that you are talking about. Interesting, but I am still not sure management ultimately wanted it. They like to be able to pick and choose who they can hire. Not be stuck with some disgruntled 20 year RJ captain. Maybe most of those guys have retired now?

First, there's a big difference between a bid-through and a flow-through. Second, the proposal made very conservative assumptions with regard to the number of senior pilots who stood to benefit financially from the move that would actually do so. The chances of someone ending up at AS who didn't really want to be there would be near zero.

The point of the exercise that was missed by many was that it showed that the Air Group wasn't as interested in saving money as it was in taking money.

Just as a matter of morale they should fill the next couple of classes with QX guys, get a little bit of movement going. Then they can continue the silly policy of 2 per class. I know it won't happen, but it sure sounds good and gives me a warm fuzzy!

Latest resources

Back