Alaska Airlines hiring 100

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bob Loblaw said:
Briefly saw the list of AS new hires for this bid, where they came from, and TT. Just from memory, the largest group were military, then something like 2 each from Skywest, Great Lakes, Mesaba, Horizon, and a few other outfits.

Anyone have this list (with names removed, please) and care to share?

DHC-8-400 Captain, Horizon Air – 8406 TT
C-17 Examiner Aircraft Commander, USAF – 6513 TT
DC-9 Aircraft Commander, USN – 3852 TT
EMB-120 Captain, SkyWest – 8443 TT
F-18, DC-9 Left-Seat Pilot, USNR – 2649 TT
CRJ – 200/900, ERJ-145 Captain, Mesa– 8076 TT
C-141, C-17 Instructor Pilot, USAFR – 3303 TT
CL 65 Captain, Skywest – 4925 TT
SF-340 Captain, Mesaba– 5380 TT
C-17 Aircraft Commander, USAFR – 2228 TT
DHC-8-200 Captain, Horizon Air – 6553 TT
EMB-120 Captain, Great Lakes– 6209 TT
EMB-145/135 Captain, ExpressJet – 5340 TT
Captain, Great Lakes – 5262 TT
EMB-145 Captain, Continental Express – 5453 TT

Here also are the projections for new hire positions on future bids from the VP of Flight Ops:

"The staffing model is not perfect by any means, and things can certainly change, but the block hour plan in place today yields a hiring plan that looks like this:"
(This is in addition to the 44 positions created by the current bid.)

2nd bid 2006 80-90
3rd bid 2007 70-80
4th bid 2007 60-65
5th bid 2008 60-71

I guess my current enjoyment of this fine cuban would disqualify me. But sure is darn nice on this fine fall day in ATL. Oh well, Alaska will have to make do without 'ole Flydaddy.:pimp:

Whats the best way to get a hold of these new hires, company email or something? It looks like I fly with one of them way back when. Thanks.

flx757:

Thanks for the quick response. Best wishes to all the successful new hires at AS. Let's all hope the projections pan out.

flx757,

Thanks again for posting good information. It gives us hopeful types a little glimpse of what's going on.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed and be patient.

It's sure nice to see Horizon guys are as high a priority as Great Lakes and Skywest guys:rolleyes: Nothing like taking care of your own.:confused:

QCappy said:
It's sure nice to see Horizon guys are as high a priority as Great Lakes and Skywest guys:rolleyes: Nothing like taking care of your own.:confused:

It's very simple. The Lakes and Skywest guys/gals upgrade in a couple of years, whereas the average Horizon pilot needs 5-6 years in the right seat before they are ready to move over. Who would you hire? :bomb:

Singlecoil said:
It's very simple. The Lakes and Skywest guys/gals upgrade in a couple of years, whereas the average Horizon pilot needs 5-6 years in the right seat before they are ready to move over. Who would you hire? :bomb:

What the hell is that supposed to mean? A little dedication to your company is a bad thing? I could have easily moved to Skywest, but I chose to stay with Horizon. Why should it matter if I was in the right seat for 5-6 years because my company doesn't have the balls to expand when opportunities present themselves?:confused: :uzi:

Singlecoil said:

Keep in mind the majority of the Captains at Horizon actually upgraded in shorter durations prior to the last five year slow down, so the 'average' number of years to upgrade for current Captains would not be the current upgrade time.........I appreciate your humor however.

Latest resources

Back