• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Airlines current senority list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the next step is outsource the RJ if you don't take a cut.

If you are off on May 1st, come to Angle lake for a little party around 10:30am. where your uniform.

You guys gotta realize there are better places for fishing than Sea-Tac...

I sat on an MD-83 jumpseat the other day and they told me the following:
"Boeing offered two deliveries early to AS and they had to decline because they didn't have the pilots to fly them." Basically, they said the Boeing was vastly understaffed right now going into the summer (seems I heard this last year too). Good luck with the rally and also "Kascher PLUS".
FL_Jump

I think I understand Error Group growing in seat miles instead of airframes, alot more revenue roughly same costs. But I don't know how that will work when the competiton is growing and we're not. Delta and SWA could probably pull a Walmart, swarm our markets, drop the ticket prices and make money off their other routes. While most our(AAG) routes are in direct competition. I would think we would need to expand with airframes. But I probably dont see the "BIG" picture.

In the earning broadcast I found a couple of things interesting. They have increased their line of credit to 185 million for contingencies. They did not mention what those are but the obvious two are competition and pilot job action. Bill Ayer also mentioned that we would do whatever it takes to defend our markets, particularly SEA, PDX and the northwest.

I would have to say that to effectively defend the turf, you have to have all the labor groups pulling on the oar at the same time. It will be interesting to see how quickly they come to the table when the wheels of this place begon to fall off this summer and the our competitors see blood in the water.

Besides pulling on the oar at the same time, in order to defend our turf, management needs to be proactive to opportunities. By simply just reacting to competitor's advancements, its already too late. By that point, as we have all seen, the easy thing to do is steal from labor in order to be competative.

Another benefit of the fleet transition plan is that the MDs fly only about 8 hours a day and the 737s fly about 14 a day. So, even with the same number of airframes, there can be much more flying accomplished by the same number of airplanes. Therefore, they are hiring about 100 more for the rest of the year, supposedly. We'll see.

Another benefit of the fleet transition plan is that the MDs fly only about 8 hours a day and the 737s fly about 14 a day. So, even with the same number of airframes, there can be much more flying accomplished by the same number of airplanes. Therefore, they are hiring about 100 more for the rest of the year, supposedly. We'll see.

You are a spring of knowledge.....nice Avtar QCrappy......

Latest resources

Back