• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska Airlines adds Hawaii flights from Sacramento, San Jose

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LUV? It could be a good fit, but what's it it for ALK? Why would they want to join with a low cost, bare bones carrier? ALK is a profitable, 75 yr old company with a market cap over 1 BIL. It would drastically change ALK's product. I also don't think LUV would be to interested in the meat and potatoes of ALK's route structure. The state of ALASKA. Nome, Fairbanks, King Salmon, Kodiak, Bethel, Sitka, Ketchikan, Freighters, Combi 737's. It does not seem to fit LUV's stratagy. My bet is on independence (not the airline).

THis could be a good fit for SWA and give them Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico, and Canada

Too many overlapping routes on the West Coast. Any regulator would look at that first. When DL and NWA got together, we had virtually NO overlapping routes except between respective hubs. Now, does AK and the new DL have overlapping routes? Nope, not really. (other than between our hubs, and SEA to HNL). I think AK would be a great fit for a lot of airlines, and Ayers knows it. It is amazing what they are doing with their 738s to Hawaii, filling in large gaps that nobody else has cared to fill.

Bye Bye---General Lee

don't worry...pretty soon he'll be telling us we'll be yanking his gear to PASI...

Mookie

LUV? It could be a good fit, but what's it it for ALK? Why would they want to join with a low cost, bare bones carrier? ALK is a profitable, 75 yr old company with a market cap over 1 BIL. It would drastically change ALK's product. I also don't think LUV would be to interested in the meat and potatoes of ALK's route structure. The state of ALASKA. Nome, Fairbanks, King Salmon, Kodiak, Bethel, Sitka, Ketchikan, Freighters, Combi 737's. It does not seem to fit LUV's stratagy. My bet is on independence (not the airline).

Exactly. Not to mention the $250 million in annual code-share revenue that would instantly dissapear. Not going to happen.

don't worry...pretty soon he'll be telling us we'll be yanking his gear to PASI...

Mookie

Right now I think you guys are well run and have a great operation. I wish you didn't have any furloughed pilots though, and eventually I hope our airlines get "closer...." (and then I will go to Sitka.....:) )

Bye Bye--General Lee

THis could be a good fit for SWA and give them Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico, and Canada

SWA??? I doubt it. There is no reason for either company to want to do this. Two different cultures...two different products....besides SWA has comitted to not merging unless labor can come to an agreement...and i don't see Alaska settling for anything less than DoH and I don't see SWA wanting most of their Captains ending up junior to half the pilots at Alaska.

My favorite...most imaginative... merger rumor is Air Tran...Delta gives us a bunch of cash to go buy Air Tran...we then shift all the Air Tran flying out West, more importantly out of Atlanta.

My nightmare...also most likely scenario (aside from AS staying independent which is really the most likely in the short-mid term) is based on the scary fact that NW+DL=UAL+CAL=AA+AS(or Air Tran or US)

I think if UAL+CAL happens...AA is going to be forced to move and that either means US Air, Air Tran, or AS. I think US Air might be too big and still too much of a mess from the last merger especially considering AA's financial condition...Air Tran has too much overlap with AA to be approved...but i think AS could happen and it would also solve AA's MD80 problem.

There is a cure for that, try snowboarding. Almost, but not quite surfing, but it fills the gap.

I board very well...looking forward to the local slope opening up...will swap to long call then. Make the best of what is in my lap....

Baja.

Latest resources

Back