Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Six one way; half a dozen the other.

ATR-DRIVR said:
What if we would RATHER go to Polar? That is who I am applying for.

I dunno. I could be totally talking out of my butt right now, *but*, the Atlas and Polar pilot groups are "expected" to be merged into one list by 2006 with a common (for lack of a better word) contract.

So, you should probably consider your application as having been submitted to AAWH, Purchase, NY.

Good luck.

before i speak out of my butt, i thought the lists were just recently merged between atlas and polar so getting on with one or the other is just a difference in pay initially and base.( stn vs. jfk) anyone who works their care to straighten this out for us. thanx in advance

Not quite

I think the Board (in Jan, or so) instructed the company (AAWH) to merge the lists.

I'm obviously out of the loop here but company communication indicates this should be accomplished by 2006.

In the meantime there is a lot of legal, um, stuff to do between the company and ALPA.

I really don't know anymore than that. I just drive, you know? Maybe one of the older salty dogs can chime in.

But to answer your question, no, the lists are not merged yet.

Its all gonna be a mess. Polars contract is up and I believe they are looking to get released to self help. I believe they have already been dealing with a mediator. AAWW isnt gonna nor have they showed any willingness to want to negotiate. Lists being merged by 2006 ? Wishful thinking.

Hey acer123, do you know if the planned 4/18 class at atlas is a 747-400 class or a classic class ( try saying that 4 times fast)? thanx

Not really sure, but I think that they just put you where ever they need people at the time.... Good luck

Interview Call

Just got the call from Atlas for an interview. They are interviewing late March and mid-April for both fleets I believe. That's all I know for now
Any advice from insiders on what to expect at the panel interview? Also, believe that there is a sim eval on the 747-200. Anyone know the profile? Anyone else get the call? Trade notes........

b-757,
did you have someone take a resume in or just email it over and how long before they called for the interview?
thanks,
hoping for the Polar side!

ATR,
I made the initial contact at a job fair in MIA end of Jan. Then a few emails back and forth, I got a call from one of their Captains saying that he liked my resume. There then followed more emails (I was out of the country at the time) and more recently, HR emailed and called to offer an interview. So, I would say about 6 weeks. I think they only recently fixed up the actual dates for interviews as in Jan it was "accepting resumes for possible spring interviews".
I would suggest that you keep a dialogue going - both email and telephone contact. Don't be too pushy and don't mention that you would ONLY consider the Polar side. Leave that until the interview or if and when you get an offer.
If you want any more info, feel free to PM me.

Latest resources

Back