• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Al Haynes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've had the honor of meeting and talking to Al Haynes one on one on several occasions, one time for more than an hour. He is a tremendous human being, who has made an enormous impact on how I fly, as well as many others. He doesn't deserve all of the tragedy that he has had to endure in his life. No one does. He has handled all of this with dignity and courage. I can honestly say that I am a better person for knowing him. I gladly donated $25.00 and wish that I could've done more. I'll be praying that his daughter is able to find a donor and have the surgery she needs.

This story has made national headlines. CNN had a 30 second summary of it last night.

Very cool. Thanks to everyone that donated!!!!

:D :D

Wow, I just got a thank you note from them.

I'm glad people are finding out about this cause. Thanks for posting it.

I got a thank you note also

I got a thank you note in the mail today. It was so nice to see that the donation I made was recognized.

I wish a great deal of happiness to Al and his daughter. If you haven't donated yet, please do it.

Got one today as well. Anyone know how much has been raised so far? Also, I printed and posted this article on a bulletin board in our crew lounge, which has drawn some response from pilots and flight attendants... another good way of getting the word out.

Count me in. My money is on the way and I'll post the article in the pilot's lounge in the FBO where I am based. It's the least I can do.

Pat

AKAAB said:
Hey Gang, donating money is easy, but if you truly care please take the most important step.

Go down to the blood bank and donate a pint. When you do, ask them to add you to the National Bone Marrow Registry. They'll take a few extra tubes for testing and typing. Someday, you may be the one called to save someone's life with a donation.

I know, because I was a non-related donor a couple of years ago for a 53 year old man with leukemia. It was one of the most important events of my life...

http://www.marrow.org/

Cheers!
AKAAB

How did that donation go? What did you have to do? Did it have any effect on your medical certification? Would an active pilot have to miss much time to do a donation? I ask because I was just contacted to have further test matching done and since I fly so often, I want to know what to expect. PM me if you like.

Latest resources

Back