Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lrjet55

Sup fellas,

I was curious if you could provide me with some Airtran info.

1st, 2nd year f/o pay.
Pay during training.
Work days per month.

Its a serious question so please help me out.

Do a search. That information has been posted many times.

I noticed that you don't list any airliners in your profile. Currently, the minimums include 500 hrs 121 PIC. Although i don;t personally agree with the requirement, it is an unfortunate reality right now. I can;t even get my old boss an interview.

Hope you got an ace in the hole, or you are inquiring for someone else.

I have never done the 121 thing. I am not sure if it is for me so I am trying to gather some info. I have stable job with the #1 frax company. I just am looking to see what my options are.

Lrjet 55,

Tough call. It would be hard to leave a good fractional, especially the Columbus based one. The flying 121 can't compare to fractional flying. Two very different ends of the spectrum. I've done both and enjoy the aviating more at the fractional, but the schedule more at 121. Always good to evaluate your options. Good luck with your decision.

Neubyfly,

<<What's wrong with Airtran?>>

Did I say there was something wrong??

<<They pay more than American!!!>>

Why should I care??

spinup said:

Neubyfly,

<<What's wrong with Airtran?>>

Did I say there was something wrong??

<<They pay more than American!!!>>

Why should I care??
SpinBob:

I didn't mean to sound likey I was attacking you. Point is: Airtran is a wonderful company. I would MUCH rather fly for them than do corporate again. Of course it's my personal opinion but the schedules and pay are much more what I am looking for. I wish they would hire me!!!

And yes, Airtran pays more than AA. Who cares????? The APA fools that voted for such a huge paycut. :(

Last edited:
spinup [B]Lrjet 55 said:
I had an EJA interview scheduled as a backup plan when I came here in 2001. I would've been happy to have it if AirTran hadn't worked out, but I am glad it worked out the way it did.

Yeah, the"flying" is less stimulating, but the schedule, work rules and retirement can't be beat.

The real difference in the schedule at an airline is that you know not only your days off/on, but also your actual trips and overnights for the upcoming month, even down to the duty times and the layover hotels.

Don't like MSP layovers in the winter? Trade for something in FL. Flying with Captain J. Jack Ass this month? Trade 'em away. Don't like 4 or 5 leg days? trade 'em for the bladder-busting boredom of a ICT or DEN turn. Wanna live in ATL? Plenty of day-trip schedules if you want to be home most every night. There is something for everyone and you can trade for what works best for your life that particular month.

The flying 121 can't compare to fractional flying.

True enough, for the most part. We're not doing circling approaches into uncontrolled airports, or smokin' the brakes going into Ocean Reef, but we manage to have fun nonetheless.

As I like to say, "It ain't much like flying, but it still beats working for a living".

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back