• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airways Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember to bring the Sporty's Flight Bag and kneeboard as well.

Come on guys. Wearing another companies uniform to an interview? Give it a try, but I'd stick with a sharp looking suit with matching accessories every time. Just my take.

Wow! Hold on a sec ...

And make sure to let the crew flying you to the interview know to scream GUARD!!! on guard in order to keep up with the Guard Nazis!

Remember to bring the Sporty's Flight Bag and kneeboard as well.

Come on guys. Wearing another companies uniform to an interview? Give it a try, but I'd stick with a sharp looking suit with matching accessories every time. Just my take.

I would never do it if they didn't request it, but the way I'm understanding it- Airways is requesting that applicants wear their current uniform to the interview. Is that correct?

I don't think anyone's doing it on their own- if you are... Yeah- don't-
But if airways is asking that you do, I wouldn't show up with the suit.
It's a strange thing, to me. But keeping an open mind.

Wow, I guess I'm a dinosaur! I am blown away that someone would wear a uniform to an interview. I'm sorry, that just seems weird. We've got lockers at Hawaiian, I wait till the last second to put my uniform on and the locker room is the first place I go after landing. In fact, often I'll meet the F/O in shorts and a t shirt, review the paperwork and talk to dispatch, then go change and head to the airplane. I guess we are different here (which makes us such a poor merger partner!!:))

I'm with you dan-
Half the time I've got my duffle strapped to a bike of some kind - add it to the rollerbag, iron up, change up and get going

But I don't get your logic-
I wore the interview suit to my interview-navy blue, red tie. They asked us to wear it first day of class and I haven't worn that one since.
So what are you saying dan? That you interviewed in shorts and flips?

I'm with you dan-
Half the time I've got my duffle strapped to a bike of some kind - add it to the rollerbag, iron up, change up and get going

But I don't get your logic-
I wore the interview suit to my interview-navy blue, red tie. They asked us to wear it first day of class and I haven't worn that one since.
So what are you saying dan? That you interviewed in shorts and flips?

No, I would do it if that was what was required, I'm just saying I think it's odd.

I asked the original question about the uniform because the guy who wrote the interview gouge made it sound as if the uniform thing wasn't a "suggestion" or "recommendation" but rather an imperative.

I guess I've been out of the game so long (my last interview was 1972) that the Kabuki dance people do at an interview these days is astonishing to me. I agree with the people who say the uniform thing is, uuuh, ummm, odd.

Here's another question I'd have about the gouge on the USAir process: the guy said to get a LOR from your current CP. I understand LORs are normal...but from your current CP ?

How does that work ? You go to the CP and say what amounts to: "I can barely stand this cesspool and am hell bent on fleeing ASAP so howz 'bout a LOR to help me escape ?" Is that a prudent thing to do ? I ask because I don't know but it seems risky. The only LOR I got from the boss was in 1970 as the company was shutting down.

It's a tough world you folks live in out there.

US asks you to wear your current airline uniform to the interview. Wear your current airline uniform.

Get LOR's from people who know you and can honestly attest to your character. Don't get a LOR from someone who doesn't know you. Do you know the CP? I don't.

What's so complicated here?

You don't suppose the guy writing the "gouge" is trying to reduce the hiring pool a little to give themselves a better statistical chance? An interview is a place to make a good impression and give a face to your credentials. A calm and polite demeanor and obvious preparation are key. The folks doing the interviewing can spot a mile away some round peg that tried to square himself off for the interview.

Let them know you know they're not stupid.

Latest resources

Back