• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airways Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

So, in the first review of the interview process, the guy says USAir wants the interviewee in his company's uniform at the interview ? Is that what I saw ?

Maybe someone can explain the reason for that ? :confused:

Oh, and by the way, I understand it's USAir's game...they make up the rules so you play by them or aren't allowed in the game. That's not what I'm not asking about.

Last edited:
So, in the first review of the interview process, the guy says USAir wants the interviewee in his company's uniform at the interview ? Is that what I saw ?

Maybe someone can explain the reason for that ? :confused:

I was told that you should look your most professional when dressing up for a job interview. And, if you show up with a wrinkled shirt and shoes that need shining then that just shows them what they could expect that you would look like every day on the line.
If no uniform was required at previous job wear a suit.

Last edited:
I was told that you should look your most professional when dressing up for a job interview. And, if you show up with a wrinkled shirt and shoes that need shining then that just shows them what they could expect that you would look like every day on the line.

The same can't be demonstrated with a business suit & tie ?

Or maybe they want to see just how threadbare your current uniform really is...since you'd likely treat your USAir uniform the same way ? :laugh:

In that case, I guess I'd invest in a new uniform for the interview then if my current one wasn't "interview worthy", cuz if you're interviewing for a legacy carrier, you're playing the game for all the marbles.

Last edited:
I think its a good idea to wear a uniform for the interview.

What if your uniform jacket doesn't fit right or is wrinkled?
What if the interviewee is wearing a sports lanyard for their id card?
What if your shoes are scuffed up or not shined?

I doubt the above will score u points.

Being able to see how u look in uniform gives them an idea of what they will see on the line IMHO. Too many pilots these days seem to lack personal pride when it comes to wearing their uniform.

FWIW WRT the uniform: most of the guys I'm flying with are new hires and in the past year when the hiring/interview subject comes up it seems that they wore their uniform in the interview. Not that it is something I'm keeping track of but I do recall guys talking about wearing their current company uniform to the interview. I've also seen this at the training center in CLT.

I've never heard of this at any airline interview

Not that I disagree- not a half bad idea actually

And never, ever, EVER, take the hat off. Never! (Maybe investing in a new foam ring inside wouldn't hurt!) A nice little hand towel draped across your lap where the seat belts would lay is a nice touch too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back