Airways/Cactus Hnl,ogg,koa service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

davis

US Airways - America West Merger Bankruptcy Court Filing with new Hawaii service, which will include LAX-HNL, SAN-HNL, PHX-LIH, PHX-HNL, PHX-OGG, and PHX-KOA service)

davis said:
US Airways - America West Merger Bankruptcy Court Filing with new Hawaii service, which will include LAX-HNL, SAN-HNL, PHX-LIH, PHX-HNL, PHX-OGG, and PHX-KOA service)

I'll bet the senior USAirways pilots will enjoy those routes...

Actually, this flying is being initiated on the AWA side with our in-house ETOPS certification and will be flown with our 757's and our crews. This will be the case for at least 2-3 years. The seniority integration will dictate when Airways pilots would be able to bid to PHX and do this flying, just as it will spell out when AWA pilots can touch an A-330.

When the US Air A330's and A350's go Trans-Pacific, what will this do to your code share with Hawaiian Airlines on the PHX-HNL flights?

Last edited:
Gee, I bet the yields to Hawaii will be through the roof. :rolleyes: Oh well, the more jumpseat options the better when it comes to getting back and forth to the islands.

T-Gates said:
Wasn't it the low-cost service to Hawaii with the 747 that put AWA on the brink back in the late 80's early 90's?

Hopefully the 757's fair much better....

Back during this well-known debacle, Phoenix was just a sleepy little ville that couldn't support anything west of LAX. (Phoenix didn't even have a freeway system back then!) Things have changed a little over the last 15 years. Hawaiian is filling seats almost everyday (and I'm not talking $59 seats either), and Hawaii was just named on the news as the number one vacation spot this summer. As long as the product is properly priced (read not given away), I doubt the failures experienced during the 747 days will be repeated.

I hope I'm not wrong . . .

Latest resources

Back