• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtrans new Midex offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is so 1980, Pan Am overpaid to buy National Airlines.

I guess that'll show em.

Go get em Lorenzo, I mean Leonard.

Here's an interesting tidbit I just learned. TPG is the parent company of Indigo, the parent company of Spirit Airlines. Odd that NWA would partner with the parent company if their biggest rival in DTW. Even more odd that this happens a week after Spirit announces the closure of its DTW base and the desire to refocus its strength in the Latin market. Preemptive move to satisfy antitrust concerns?

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Your right...My bad.. .No airlines have ever merged with different fleet types.. What the hell was I thinking... And there is no demand for leased 319's either.. Boeing would froth at the mouth to get rid of those 319's and build a bunch of 737's to replace them. F9 was an all boeing fleet just several years ago... AAI relys on ATL too much and F9 relys on DEN too much... Imagine what the 2 company's combined route structure would look like.. The only better match for AAI would be Alaska. And that aint' happening..

Here's an interesting tidbit I just learned. TPG is the parent company of Indigo, the parent company of Spirit Airlines. Odd that NWA would partner with the parent company if their biggest rival in DTW.

Keep your friends close....keep your enemies closer.

Nu

I thought Joe said a few days ago "that's the final offer". Now he's back. I guess Airtran absolutely needs Midex to survive. This has been going on for 2 years. If I were a stock holder of AAI, I would sell or ask the board to have CEO and CFO fired. JL is likes herpes, no one likes it, and it keeps coming back.
This whole thing is just an ego problem for joey. He doesn't seem to care about much else.

Midwest and NWA are the number 1 and 2 airline at MKE. I really don't think the people of Milwaukee believe its in their best interest that these two companies merge. Service will diminish allbeit they're already "codesharing". But the one question still remains, whoever comes out the winner here, what will be of the fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie???

Midwest and NWA are the number 1 and 2 airline at MKE. I really don't think the people of Milwaukee believe its in their best interest that these two companies merge.

We're talking about Wisconsin here. Nice, traditional values where it's not considered rude to root for the home team.

Keeping MEH owned "locally" is a point of pride with these folks, and that's what matters to them.

Even NWA is a better alternative than AAI, because, after all, Minnesota is right next door.

When I lived in Minnie, I found that people there thought that the South was like "The Dukes of Hazard". They didn't want ANYTHING to do with it.

Nu

Latest resources

Back