Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran's cash position dwindling quickly!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So its OK for you to call names and point fingers. Hmmmm. The economy, to the best of my memory was pretty damn hot most of Bush's tenure. It went in the toilet over the last year and a half or so of his tenure. Did the Democrat majority have anything to do with it? Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and the sub-prime policies? Where were the Dems helping us out? I am not trying to make this partisan but I am tired of mindless lemmings like you pointing blame in only one direction. Do you run around in life with bliders on? Let me give you a little clue....they are ALL corrupt bastards. Focusing your finger in only one direction allows all the rest of the dirty corrupt bastards to get away.

Hey you idiot the man has only been in office one week. He didn't put this country in a recession. Fuel didn't go to a all time high under his watch. Foreclosures at a all time high didn't come about under his watch. Airlines didn't go into bankruptcy under his watch (Delta, US Airways, United, ATA, Frontier, Northwest, Aloha, Independence Air, Skybus, Champion).
I do know that under the previous administration we watched our industry get beat down. Pilots lost their pensions, labor contracts have been destroyed, and the National Mediation Board has used the previous administration guidelines to prevent managements from negotiating labor contracts fairly by stalling and finding loop holes against labor.

PLEASE don't make this a political topic. This countries ECONOMY has gone to HELL in the last eight years! Any airline pilot here who hasn't felt it is being very naive. You may not like who the next president is, but he is the president! He has a monumental task to turn this countries economy around and he needs the support of the american people. The problems with this economy stem from GREED and SELFISHNESS! Look at that piece of trash that gave millions of dollars in bonus' to Merrill Lynch executives, then had the nerve to ask us the tax payers to bail his ass out! Back in 2002 Stephen Wolf and his executives asked the government for a bailout through the ATSB Loans and then walked away with 35 million dollars. US Airways went into bankruptcy and the pilots lost their pensions.

Things will probable get a little worse before they get better. But at least we didn't hear that the economy was sound for a whole year before the previous administration would admit that we were in a recession. Don't make this about our president, it's about your damn CEO's that are stealing from the american people and the hard workers of this country! Now, back to my breakfast!!!!

Let me give you a little clue....they are ALL corrupt bastards. Focusing your finger in only one direction allows all the rest of the dirty corrupt bastards to get away.

Good post...the downward spiral of the economy (along with ungodly gas prices) started soon after the dems took over congress.

I thought MBAs were taught how to figure all this out.

they need to borrow a play from George Castanza's playbook:

when ever you think of doing somehting, decide to do the exact 180 degree opposite thing. It worked for George.

So its OK for you to call names and point fingers. Hmmmm. The economy, to the best of my memory was pretty damn hot most of Bush's tenure. It went in the toilet over the last year and a half or so of his tenure. Did the Democrat majority have anything to do with it? Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and the sub-prime policies? Where were the Dems helping us out? I am not trying to make this partisan but I am tired of mindless lemmings like you pointing blame in only one direction. Do you run around in life with bliders on? Let me give you a little clue....they are ALL corrupt bastards. Focusing your finger in only one direction allows all the rest of the dirty corrupt bastards to get away.
I for one do not walk around with BLINDERS! The comment the poster made was that the current president was going to make it worse. That is a IGNORANT statement regardless of what political party you are affliated. He has only been in office one week. So we don't know what is going to happen. Give the man a chance. That is all I was saying. Because you don't like the man is your problem if that is what you are getting at. He is the current president. Give him a chance to try and fix the problem.
I don't need a clue from you, I'm well aware of what is going on right now!

Last edited:
My apologies. From what you wrote previously it seemed you had no idea what was going on and that you were completely ignorant of what went on over the last eight years. In fact, you called anyone who did not agree with you "naive." But, since you say you don't need a clue, I retract the one I gave you. My mistake.

I don't need a clue from you. I'm well aware of what is going on right now!

My apologies. From what you wrote previously it seemed you had no idea what was going on and that you were completely ignorant of what went on over the last eight years. In fact, you called anyone who did not agree with you "naive." But, since you say you don't need a clue, I retract the one I gave you. My mistake.
Now who is walking around BLIND? My comment was "This countries Economy has gone to hell in the last eight years. Any airline pilot here who hasn't felt it is being very naive." (Look what has happened to the airline pilot contracts over the last eight years!) I was not saying this because you didn't agree with me. I was stating what is a fact: We are in a recession! Because you don't like it, so! Who was the president when it occured? The point was the current president inherited a recession and needs time to try and fix it. We will see in four years what he has done. I for one don't know what is going to happen. I was responding to the poster who made the blanket statement that he is going to make it worse. That is Ignorant! The man has only been in office a week!!!

Your average career earnings as a pilot are down over 50%. No more pensions worth 3-9 million in earnings and average pay down 40%. I have never seen so many get it up the ass from an administration and say "thank you sir may I have another".

The lack of regulatory oversight is the reason for oil speculation, the Madoff 50 billion dollar scandal, and 2 other ponsy sceams one for 200 million and one for 400 million. The previous administration was asleep at the wheel. Consumer confidence is down due to lack of trust, outsourcing of jobs, and a fundamental belief the the rich and powerful are not on the side of America and the American people. Hense the election results in a landslide.

Now who is walking around BLIND? You. My comment was "This countries Economy has gone to hell in the last eight years. Wrong. It went down the tubes only in the last year and change. Not the entire eight years. Any airline pilot here who hasn't felt it is being very naive." (Look what has happened to the airline pilot contracts over the last eight years!) Airline contracts take a few other things into consideration. Bad management maybe? I was not saying this because you didn't agree with me. I was stating what is a fact: We are in a recession! Because you don't like it, so! Huh? Are you drinking? Who was the president when it occured? Who was running Congress and the purse-strings when this happened? Who allowed the sub-prime mortgage fiasco? The point was the current president inherited a recession and needs time to try and fix it. I agree. But I and many others may not agree on how he plans to go about doing it. We will see in four years what he has done. Hopefully he does not get everything he wants so we have some sort of economy left. I for one don't know what is going to happen. I can tell. I was responding to the poster who made the blanket statement that he is going to make it worse. That is Ignorant! The man has only been in office a week!!! It is not ignorant. Many folks are against socializing this country and want government to not be so intrusive. It is jut an opinion not ignorance.

I am for giving the man a chance. I do have my limits though. You seem to want to put on blinders and peek out in 4 years and see how he did. Is that a smart approach?

Where Bush did a great job is protecting us from another major terrorist attack. That was his #1 priority without question.

I only hope Obama can do as good of a job. If the economy is struggling now, throw in another 9/11 and see where we end up. Good luck to us all.

Your average career earnings as a pilot are down over 50%. No more pensions worth 3-9 million in earnings and average pay down 40%. I have never seen so many get it up the ass from an administration and say "thank you sir may I have another".

The lack of regulatory oversight is the reason for oil speculation, the Madoff 50 billion dollar scandal, and 2 other ponsy sceams one for 200 million and one for 400 million. The previous administration was asleep at the wheel. Consumer confidence is down due to lack of trust, outsourcing of jobs, and a fundamental belief the the rich and powerful are not on the side of America and the American people. Hense the election results in a landslide.

I am by far no fan of Bush. I am a fan of accountability and while Bush war terrible in so many areas, the Democrats were just as bad if not worse in others. That is all I am trying to say. There are no "good guys" in all this. They are all corrupt SOBs I would have loved to see some accountability in Congress this last voting cycle. Problem is the average citizen is too lazy to do their homework when it comes to voting. Far too many incumbants held onto their jobs despite what has happened to the nation.

Latest resources

Back