Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Menace

Gold Member
I just miss seeing anything about AirTran on the first page. Anyone have ANYTHING new about the company I really want to work for? I wish I had some news of an interview or something, but alas......nothing. (sigh)

Menace

Search

AirTran is well talked about, just use the Search function up at the top. Not to blow you off or anything.

I've been off for the past week, but last I heard:

Class of 22 starting 8/12, all B717

Interviewing probably starting later this month, or in Sept.

total of 71 B717 by 12/03, DC9's retiring as each comes due for "C" check

Announced new service to MCI, with 1 or 2 more cities by the end of this year.

Made small profit for 2nd quarter. July traffic is up 21% over last year, loads are above break-even by 2 points, basically the same as pre-911, but with 21% more seats!

The rumors stay the same- bigger planes to be announced late in the year, Las Vegas service out of ICT, getting some of the TWA B717 aircraft in addition to current orders . . . yada, yada, yada.

If you want to work here, have a pilot walk your stuff in to Jill N. and then make them call her and follow up once in a while. Update every few weeks . . . . . Good luck!

Last edited:
hmm....perhaps?

my inner conspirancy gears up.

hmm, vanguard floats upside down in the tank, and the next day Airtran jumps into KC. right then i heard a dog bark three times. coincidence?..hmm...i wonder if they had any deals in timing for that. just a thought. seems kinda quick. were they planning that regardless of Vanguard's actions?

honestly im glad airtran is in KC. i think itll be a perfect place to jump off and go west to Denver and LA...oh yeah...vegas baby!Any of you guys with airtran who wind up there over night or something, GO TO THE GOLDEN OX! some of the best steaks youll ever have,they melt in your mouth. honest. dont even have to chew. downtown on the river bottom area off 11th..i think...its off 11th,...that or the herford house.

-rob

First of all- my condolences to all of the Vanguard employees. I am sorry to hear about the shut-down. I thought things must be turning around there withn the new equipment and all. . . best of luck in your job search, hope we get some of you guys on board here.

As for announcing MCI- I don't think it's any big surprise that we moved quickly when the news came- I'm sure MCI was being considered and this announcement made it a no-brainer . . . .

I doubt there's a big conspiracy, although "piracy" is part of "conspiracy", and your screen name refers to piracy . . . . . Hmmmnnnnn- coincidence? I think not!

Last edited:
Thanks

Hey Slug, I'm used to being blown off. Don't worry about it. Also, I know that AirTran is well talked about, I just wanted to see something new posted on the first page. Thanks Ty for all the info. I too subscribe to the e-mail. I do have several friends at the company who have all been trying to help. I think I should at least get an interview when it starts up again. They at least know who I am. I've met Greta and several others, so hopefully they call.

Btw, I guess I didn't realize that Vanguard went belly up. That's a shame, cuz I know a bunch of guys who went there. I'm kinda glad I didn't.

Thanks for all the responses. Keep 'em coming. I don't even care if it is old news.

-Menace

AirTran Requirements

Could anyone please supply me with the hiring minimums/competitive minimums to apply to AirTran, and the best way to apply?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Martin

I talked to Greta today and she said two more classes this year and that they are starting to interview again. Been in the pool since Feb Iam due next class

The current class has 20 B717 FOs. Two more classes are "tentatively" (that seems to be the word all the training/flight ops people use when asked about future classes) scheduled for this year. They say that interviewing will begin again either late this year (Oct-Nov) or after the holidays.

As far as hiring mins, not sure....but the breakdown of flight times of the current class are: of the 20, 17 have in excess of 4000TT, with 8 of those in excess of 8000TT, and 5 of those in excess of 10,000TT. 12 came from 121 jet background, 7 from 121 turboprop background, and 1 military. That should give you an idea of what is competitive. They definitely prefer prior 121 PIC experience.

The preferred method of applying is to have someone walk your resume in. Currently, it is about the only way to get an interview.

Latest resources

Back