airtran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
knowlimits said:
Ualexpress, you see the difference. The UAL and CAL scabs did so while they were already on the property, and for the most part have remained at the carrier they scabbed for. The scabs at ValuJet/AirTran scabbed for another carrier, usually EAL, and were hired by ValuJet after scabbing. They were hired by a company that knew they were scabs, yet ValuJet (now AirTran) seemed to have no problem with this.

To a guy like Cobb McWhacker scratching his head and trying to see the point, here it is - the difference is that while some carriers have scabs on their property - like UAL, CAL and several others - as a rule the pilots either in the hiring process or in the training departments do a great deal to keep them off the property in the first place or get them gone if they did manage to get through initial...again, something that ValuJet/AirTran didn't seem to take issue with.

I suppose it's a dying debate anyway, since ALPA allowed the CAL scabs back into the Association. I probably shouldn't have brought it up in the first place, but it annoys me that the 'race to the bottom' mentality of the airlines, the overall decline of the profession and the expectations of professional pilots has sunk so low that we are willing to overlook those who got where they are by stepping on fellow pilot's backs.

Since you are so brilliant, tell me how many of the former Valujet executives, flight ops management personnel or HR personnel are still at the current Air Tran? My guess is you haven't the first clue. Further proof as to your ignorance.

You just keep showing it off. How about another insightful post to further prove my point? If only you would follow your (new) username and know your OWN limits, it would prevent you from always looking like a jackass.

"Ualexpress, you see the difference. The UAL and CAL scabs did so while they were already on the property, and for the most part have remained at the carrier they scabbed for. The scabs at ValuJet/AirTran scabbed for another carrier, usually EAL, and were hired by ValuJet after scabbing. They were hired by a company that knew they were scabs, yet ValuJet (now AirTran) seemed to have no problem with this."

Actually UAL hired quite a few scabs from other carriers in 1985 that had previous scab status. These guys were called "fleet qual" scabs and were hired because of their experience on the 727. So UAL management did the exact thing you are ripping on AirTran for.

I believe the little yellow book they gave to us had them listed as "double-scabs" or something to that effect. Maybe some other UAL guys can comment with more info on this. I can't remember all of the details.

This knowlimits wouldn't happen to be Snake , would it? Hi Snake, how're the hemmerhoids? Did they change your medication? The lobotomy seems to have helped. How've you been you inbred douche bag?

I must've hit pretty close to home to get you AirTran boys so worked up. Enjoy your careers there. Congratulations-you're mediocre.

And you know it.

Hey, Anchower!

Hmmm, I wonder who would rather be . . . . me, flying an Airtran 73NG . . . .

Or you . . . . an anonymous coward who just wishes he was.

Back to your pizza delivery wagon. . . . .!

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Hmmm, I wonder who would rather be . . . . me, flying an Airtran 73NG . . . .

Or you . . . . an anonymous coward who just wishes he was.

Back to your pizza delivery wagon. . . . .!

Exactly!

I never knew I was mediocre..LOL!

knowlimits said:
I must've hit pretty close to home to get you AirTran boys so worked up. Enjoy your careers there. Congratulations-you're mediocre.

And you know it.

This is my first post on this thread so obviously I'm not too worked up about your posts. Also.... you state that we're mediocre and we know it. Maybe thats the problem you are having with this issue....... we DON'T know it.

I'm bored so I'll play your game and assume that you know what you are talking about... LOL!

Please explain to me a side by side comparison using my career path at AirTran versus any other domestic passenger legacy airline that proves your point.

For example.... I started at AirTran in April 2001. Lets assume that in April 2001 I instead went to Delta, Northwest, TWA, American, USAir, United etc...... instead of AirTran.

Please explain where I would be better off career wise (career advancement and ratings) and ecomonically (Pay and retirement) had I gone to any of those carriers versus where I am today in 2005 at mediocre AirTran.

Having lived it.... I KNOW the answer to my scenario I suggest..... and it will impossible for you to substantiate your bullsh!t....... but again I'm bored and you're stupid.... so entertain me..... and please don't hold back....LOL!

Last edited:
Our old friend "knowlimits" (I will indulge him and use his "new" name) is just some bitter, pissed off legacy furloughee who somehow blames his plight, the bad decisions he made, and his company's sorry state on everyone and everything except where it lies, and that is at his own feet.

Typcial loser mentality.

I don't work for Air Tran. I work for one of the other "scoundrel" LCCs. The one that has consistently made a profit since it's inception over 30 years ago. Then again, who would want to work for a company like that. I'll take my "mediocre" millions into retirement while you continue to find someone else to blame your troubles on.

Have a nice life. I dam* sure will.

FL717 said:
but again I'm bored and you're stupid.... so entertain me..... and please don't hold back....LOL!

Heh-heh! This has to be one of the funniest flightinfo.com quotes I have seen recently.

For having such a crappy job, we sure seem to have a lot of free time!

Latest resources

Back