airtran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buckeyes95

What's the trick to getting a call from Airtran? I have every requirement more than met. What have some of you that have been called done? I have over 7000 hours, been a captain at a 121 carrier, etc.

knowlimits said:
It worked for a lot of other guys on their sen list.

What's "a lot"? Last I heard it was less than 70. Which is still a bigger number than your IQ.

I see you are making the most of your new username.

I had my stuff in for over a year plus 4 recommendations, plus several calls to Stephanie on my behalf....maybe that did the trick. (I think she got tired of people calling for me and just hired me to stop the calls) :)

What I typed is an accepted (by people with IQs GREATER than 70) editorial comment.

Go back to sleep until you have something constructive to add. Or at least go back to your old username. Oh yeah, I forgot...you CAN'T do that.

knowlimits said:
Scab somewhere, then try. It worked for a lot of other guys on their sen list.

It worked for many guys over at United too. Oh yeah and Continental also. I guess it is different for them since they scabbed to get a job.

Ualexpress said:
It worked for many guys over at United too. Oh yeah and Continental also. I guess it is different for them since they scabbed to get a job.

Ualexpress, you see the difference. The UAL and CAL scabs did so while they were already on the property, and for the most part have remained at the carrier they scabbed for. The scabs at ValuJet/AirTran scabbed for another carrier, usually EAL, and were hired by ValuJet after scabbing. They were hired by a company that knew they were scabs, yet ValuJet (now AirTran) seemed to have no problem with this.

To a guy like Cobb McWhacker scratching his head and trying to see the point, here it is - the difference is that while some carriers have scabs on their property - like UAL, CAL and several others - as a rule the pilots either in the hiring process or in the training departments do a great deal to keep them off the property in the first place or get them gone if they did manage to get through initial...again, something that ValuJet/AirTran didn't seem to take issue with.

I suppose it's a dying debate anyway, since ALPA allowed the CAL scabs back into the Association. I probably shouldn't have brought it up in the first place, but it annoys me that the 'race to the bottom' mentality of the airlines, the overall decline of the profession and the expectations of professional pilots has sunk so low that we are willing to overlook those who got where they are by stepping on fellow pilot's backs.

Actually, what is really disgusting is that you are such an idiot that you think it's OK to malign the 1,130 pilots at AirTran who are not scabs because there are maybe 70 pilots there who are.

ESADMF

To answer the question ... go to an AIR Inc Job Fair. They told us 70% of the people they interview have gone to a job fair.

I went and got a call about a month later.

I don't know a soul there.

Latest resources

Back