• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stock at $5.40 and holding with high volume. Up 30%. I hope it holds.

I would never give up a chance to interview anywhere. It's cool to see how operations work from the inside. Many times it is the closest look you will ever get at an airlines inner workings. It's a great experience and you can always say no.

I haven't interviewed lately, but a couple years ago I interviewed at five airlines Two majors, Two Fracs, and one regional. I accepted at NJA. Thank GOD, this place rocks! I wouldn't have known, what any of them were really like, if I hadn't interviewed. Turns out, looking back, that everything turned out the best for everyone and I am very happy.

I say saturate the industry with apps and resumes. Interview everywhere for the practice and take the best gig offered at the time then pray. Hopefully, it will all work out in the end. Luckily it did for me. I was very fortunate and don't see myself leaving...ever! Knock on wood.;)

Last edited:
Anyone know how stable airtran is these days. Was going to try for an interview but not sure I should even try for a few months. I still have a job and my paychecks don't bounce. Yet!

Just me ...but.... If you are thinking about leaving your present job, I wouldn't (unless you work for Mesa).

If your present job isn't a place you want call a career (lol....at all of us), then throw your application in to whatever airlines are accepting them.

My guess is it will take some time before there is a change in the current economic environment. If this downturn thing is short term then I'm also guessing AirTran will resume classes in the fall. But what do I know, I left a lucrative career to become an airline pilot.

Hey man, I have an idea......lets put out a report that AirTran may have some issues with credit card companies widthholding funds and that it may put the company in a bind. Then we can short the stock and make a killing......BRILLIANT!

Then everyone will find out that the company is actually in good shape when we tell our friend,...the analyst, to upgrade the company and we will make a killing on the upside...........BRILLIANT!

THIS is how to make money in aviation!

Spend spend spend most investors are like those little boys that have money in their pocket they have to do something with it.

Actually, $350 million is decent for an airline our size. 10% of revenue is acceptable, 20% is very good, and 30% is practically impossible. We're currently at around 14-16% with a growing cash balance.

I don't know if 30% is practically impossible. When I hired on at Airtran in 2004, we were about a $1 Billion/year company with about $400 million in the bank (40% cash to revenue). Our balance sheet has definitely been going backwards since then. But with our cost structure, I think we will ride this downturn as well as anyone since we have a very strong Atlanta hub.

I think some of growing cash position is the gaining back of some pre-delivery aircraft deposit money also.

Can someone please confirm that they did run the April 7 class as planned... I would appreciate it. God help us all.

Yes they did run the April 7th class. There were 15 737 slots and 5 717 slots. Probably the last class for quite a while if the current conditions continue.

just following your phenomenal logic here......

NWA ponies up $250 million to keep AAI out of MKE. they will then turn around and get rid of midwest and simply allow the leasing company to release the a/c to AAI and give them MKE market share?

ok.

Well, since DAL AND NWA serve MKE as well as NWA holding a controlling interest in a MKE based company AND now that the two companies have merged.... this may have a hard time passing thru the DOJ as far as anti.trust is concerned... cost of doing "merger" business.

....good ole DOJ...can't get TOO big in any industry in our country.

Yes they did run the April 7th class. There were 15 737 slots and 5 717 slots. Probably the last class for quite a while if the current conditions continue.

The last class for a while? You must think they are just going to park the aircraft on order. (or sell them), or we have plenty of Pilots on the roster to fly them now.

Well, since DAL AND NWA serve MKE as well as NWA holding a controlling interest in a MKE based company AND now that the two companies have merged.... this may have a hard time passing thru the DOJ as far as anti.trust is concerned... cost of doing "merger" business.

....good ole DOJ...can't get TOO big in any industry in our country.

Unless you're an oil company, then the sky's the limit.

Latest resources

Back