• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If a company is stable, no investor in the world will be concerned. If Airtran has to make a public statement about its liquidity, something severe must have triggered that, and not because some other airline filled for cahpter 11. I have not heard Southwest to make a statement. And to show more cash on hand is very easy, without making a penny. do the research....and 350 million $ or what ever it is, is absolute nothing for an airline the size of AT. And the debt load they have , good luck

Actually, $350 million is decent for an airline our size. 10% of revenue is acceptable, 20% is very good, and 30% is practically impossible. We're currently at around 14-16% with a growing cash balance.

SWA has almost 30% BUT that was one of the reasons their stock was down. Investors thought they could use that money to grow faster or buy someone or something. But SWA has always been very conservative.

Skywest had the same problem before they bought ASA. Shareholders don't like to see that much money laying around instead of being put to good use.

With DL/NW merge, I see MEM and CVG going away..
MKE with Midwest going away too.....

I think Airtran will step up for some of those 717s and go more into MKE and what routes DL/NW scale back on...

As will SW and Jetblue

With DL/NW merge, I see MEM and CVG going away..
MKE with Midwest going away too.....

I think Airtran will step up for some of those 717s and go more into MKE and what routes DL/NW scale back on...

As will SW and Jetblue

just following your phenomenal logic here......

NWA ponies up $250 million to keep AAI out of MKE. they will then turn around and get rid of midwest and simply allow the leasing company to release the a/c to AAI and give them MKE market share?

ok.

Do you know how many pilots are on the street now? I would apply, talk to folks, get an interview, and then make your decision. No one is recession proof but I think AirTran will be fine, or at least in a better position than most others.

Everyone is right. I retract the above statement. Stay where you are for now.

Anyone know how stable airtran is these days. Was going to try for an interview but not sure I should even try for a few months. I still have a job and my paychecks don't bounce. Yet!

Dude,
Go interview. You have nothing to lose by interviewing. If they offer you a job you can elect to go into a pool for up to 6 months. If you decide later not to go, you have lost nothing. At least give yourself the option. Just my .02

Don't think they are even interviewing right now. The April 7th class is supposedly the last class until further notice. There were 20 newhires. I know there was another class in April, June, and July that were virtually full already and have since been cancelled. Hopefully they will start up hiring again though! Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back