• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Union V.P. Abstains from Picket Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is what OBAMA did wasn't it...vote present over 160 times....NOT YES or NO but I am not sure which way to cover my a$$. WEAK......

Here again bash everything currently in place, but tell us what you would do as ALPA President for Airtran Pilots?????? Just as Obama does===everything is bad, OK I agree; what would you do? Did I tell you how bad things are? 908 days in office and no foreign visits to major countries=WHY??

That is what OBAMA did wasn't it...vote present over 160 times....NOT YES or NO but I am not sure which way to cover my a$$. WEAK......

Here again bash everything currently in place, but tell us what you would do as ALPA President for Airtran Pilots?????? Just as Obama does===everything is bad, OK I agree; what would you do? Did I tell you how bad things are? 908 days in office and no foreign visits to major countries=WHY??

I tell you one thing, a loss of Medical department that no other insurance agency (harvey watt) even comes close to. I mean even if we maintain the current status of a union actually pretty much doing nothing (which NPA does) we would still be better off with ALPA. I mean seriously can anyone tell me anything that NPA has done recently other then allow management to chip away at our current contract with LOA's.

For the love of friggin budda.....the S word has no frigging meaning AT ALL until such time as the union has been released to the 30-day cooling off period AND that 30 days has expired!

Geez...

the way these operations work, you're looking at another TWELVE months before that happens. Or am I wrong here...

Strike commitee??? C'mon! Hell, you run a better chance of...oh...never mind...

Last edited:
I mean even if we maintain the current status of a union actually pretty much doing nothing (which NPA does) we would still be better off with ALPA. I mean seriously can anyone tell me anything that NPA has done recently other then allow management to chip away at our current contract with LOA's.

100% agreed. Not to mention the benefits of ALPA Aeromedical, ALPA Air Safety and ALPA Legal. We'd be way better off...and pay lower dues.

We'd be way better off...and pay lower dues.

This is the part that I really don't get from the ALPA-haters around here. Even if you think the NPA is just fine and we don't need ALPA, your NPA dues are more than ALPA dues by a significant margin. A mid-seniority Captain pays about an extra $300 each year to the NPA than he would pay to ALPA. A mid-seniority FO pays about $150 more. And for what? Fewer services, fewer resources, and no results? This is ridiculous.

Latest resources

Back