• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Union V.P. Abstains from Picket Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That was a different era. I'm convinced we've seen the last of it, and I'm not happy about it.

Sorry to derail this from the Airtran issue. I hope the best for all of you over there.

That was a different era. I'm convinced we've seen the last of it, and I'm not happy about it.

Yes, we've seen the last of it if certain people remain in power in DC. That's what has caused the change in "eras" that you've noticed.

ALPA would have the ability to strike, but never the guts. Different story, same ending.

What!!! ALPA doesnt decide wether you strike or not its the pilots. When they do I wonder what resources NPA will have to offer in the way of bargaining and defending its pilots during the process. Look at how much ALPA gave CAL and Spirit. Millions! and at CAL our contract is not even up yet. I dont care if you hate ALPA or not. You cannot argue that ALPA would "help" Airtran pilots provide more leverage and offer services to it members that are night and day diffrences compared to NPA. All for the same price that you are paying out in union dues. Thats like saying for the same price Ill take the crappier car that breaks down all the time.

Look at whats happened at Airtran thus far and you have people in your union that think that an SPC is not necessary right now? Strike vote? I will fall off of my chair if I saw that at Airtran. Management knows NPA is weak and will play accordingly. Get rid on NPA now. Not only are you guys going to screw yourselves but you will end up screwing your peers around you when you help keep the averages low. NPA=Management wet dream!

We shouldn't crucify the man before we hear his side of the story. I suggest posting it in the "Ask the VP" section of the NPA Forum. Maybe he'll respond there for everyone to see.

Good idea. Done. Hopefully we'll get the answer.

Last edited:
Did you guys see this from the Sept 2nd meeting minutes? I'm sure support for a national union is at an all time high right about now. What's up with this? Question has been asked on NPA forum.

"Discussion on having ALPA and Teamsters make presentations regarding the benefits of having a national union. National Union issue is tabled."

What!!! ALPA doesnt decide wether you strike or not its the pilots.

Actually, ALPA has a big say in it, both directly and indirectly. You can huff, puff and have 100% strike vote. Along comes ALPA National with their lawyers who will "convince" you that striking is not in your best interests.

As labbats said... 'different story, same ending' is right.

Actually, ALPA has a big say in it, both directly and indirectly. You can huff, puff and have 100% strike vote. Along comes ALPA National with their lawyers who will "convince" you that striking is not in your best interests.

As labbats said... 'different story, same ending' is right.

Umm NO, they cannot stop you for striking its up to the pilot group.

They can "convince" you to not strike... of course, the ultimate decision is up to the pilot group.

Show me a pilot group that told an ALPA lawyer to f**k off and go against his "convincing." Hell, I'm embarrassed to say instead of going out with some dignity when my airline shut down, thanks to ALPA, we had pilots showing up to fly cargo for free. Hell, ALPA even took out an ad praising those pilots. All that was despite the pilot group decision to strike cargo.

Thank you ALPA National!

:rolleyes:

They can "convince" you to not strike...
They can try.

of course, the ultimate decision is up to the pilot group.

Show me a pilot group that told an ALPA lawyer to f**k off and go against his "convincing."
The AirTran pilots.

Our chief negotiating legal counsel in D.C. last year was Seth Rosen, who was ALPA for many, many years, came recommended by them, and suggested that we accept T.A.'s 1 and 2 last year.

The pilot group soundly rejected his opinion, and rejected the T.A.'s.

Any more questions...? ;)

Outstanding!! But then again - Airtran isn't ALPA either. Let's hope the Airtran pilots don't blink because the stakes just got bigger with this whole strike threat.

I really want to be proven wrong on this... Stay strong NPA!

Latest resources

Back