Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran to Sell two more planes; tougher union talks ahead?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, this is laughable! Our "retired guys" are working there now. Let's see, they worked how many years at the industry's leading pay scales, retired with $1+ million lump sum. I guess they don't do it for money.
BTW tough guy, how many of your pilots have left to go to work at Delta?

My suggestion would be for you to get over your "my pee pee is bigger than yours" attitude before it causes anymore damage. This is our problem in this industry! No unity whatsoever. Yes, as it stands right now your place of employment might be better than theirs. But it can be argued that all of us need improvements no matter how superior we might think we are.

Don't you think that it's in your best interest for these guys to fight the good fight? It could only help to further improve your situation, don't you think? Any help any of us could get, no matter how big or small should be welcome. We should support a pilot group that's trying to improve itself. Pointing fingers and little name calling amongst ourselves does not help the cause.

Right now they seem good and ready to stick their necks out and fight. Are you ready to do that when your time comes around? Sometimes it takes a little anger to realize that one has to stand up and fight. Thus far they have shown that they're willing to try. To my knowledge, they haven't shown any signs of caving in to managemet. Until they do, it should be our responsibility to support them in that fight.

Let's see, we went through bankruptcy, and had to agree to additional paycuts, yet still our 737 positions top yours. I can see now why you guys are so angry.

You didn't "have to agree" to anything, they "took it" while DALPA watched over and over without a fight.

Last edited:
B737 Guy, he lost his jobs because he was furloughed not because he is angry.

Maybe true, but, he must be one hell of a good liar to get hired on somewhere else with his attitude. I suppose some slip by HR after all.

Let's see, we went through bankruptcy, and had to agree to additional paycuts, yet still our 737 positions top yours. I can see now why you guys are so angry.

Would you shut the hell up and go to a Delta thread!

Yes, as it stands right now your place of employment might be better than theirs.

in this business, that's very fleeting. Who were top dogs 20 years ago? 10? Does anyone expect the current top dogs to remain there 10 years from now? You might expect it, but history tells a different story.

This just in Airtran has announced more fare sales i.e.;

atl-lax 139.00
atl-ewr 84.00 oh but you have to use them bye Nov 2008!!!! WTF are you kidding me??!!

Airtran mgnmt is lame lame lame does anybody else and I mean anybody see how weak Orlando is!!! I feel like I am in the twilight zone. This is why management doesn't like to talk about RASM it is always about cost. How do these guys get these jobs honestly. Bob is just trying to keep us afloat in the hopes we will be a thorn in somebodies side enough so they will bye us, we have THE MOST COST EFFECTIVE MACHINE OUT THERE AND HE IS SELLING BACK OPTIONS!! This guy and his cronies are as handy as tits on a bull....oh and bye the way WE WILL NOT SUBSIDIZE YOUR POOR PERFORMANCE PERIOD!

Although I know some Captains voted no on the TA, I would bet that about 90% of the pilots over 6 years voted yes and 90% of the pilots less than 6 years voted no. I would love to see the results broken down by seniority.

I am over 6 years, and I and everyone else I associate with voted not only "no", but "HELL NO".

Maybe you're just flying with the wrong crowd!

TW

I have no raised sword for AirTran. I have a bunch of good buddies there and wish yall the best.

This is the kind of unity we all need! Doesn't matter if you work for DAL, SWA, AAI... DOES NOT MATTER! United we bargain, divided we beg!

737 pilot, you should be rooting for AAI to top your pay by a huge margin. Why? More negotiating power for your pilot group next time around. Does Delta have a long storied history? Sure, but does that make them 'better than' Airtran? I'll give you that and say yes, but WHO CARES, can your or my Airline MAKE MONEY AND SURVIVE? That's the only thing that matters and if you think otherwise you're kidding yourself!!!

Latest resources

Back