Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran to Sell two more planes; tougher union talks ahead?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmm . . . . I don't know. Maybe you should ask one of the dozens of "retired" former Delta captains that work here now.

I've flown with quite a few of them . . . they're mostly former 76ER Check Airmen. Great guys- obviously, you're nothing like them.

Oh, That brings legitimacy to the table.....

Gee!! a retired guy with a lump at Airtran, (GASP!)......newsflash...nobody QUITS to go there.....

AirtranNewhire/ Delta retiree: "I have no clue why you guys are so angry, I love to fly!!!"

Standby for the cancer to start eating away when the contract talks get hot and heavy....

Oh, That brings legitimacy to the table.....

Gee!! a retired guy with a lump at Airtran, (GASP!)......newsflash...nobody QUITS to go there.....

AirtranNewhire/ Delta retiree: "I have no clue why you guys are so angry, I love to fly!!!"

Standby for the cancer to start eating away when the contract talks get hot and heavy....

I would be angry too if we took the pay cuts you guys took before, during, and after bankruptcy. As for anger, well, have fun merging lists, you guys better get it done before they send it to arbitration!

Hmm . . . . I don't know. Maybe you should ask one of the dozens of "retired" former Delta captains that work here now.

I've flown with quite a few of them . . . they're mostly former 76ER Check Airmen. Great guys- obviously, you're nothing like them.

Oh, this is laughable! Our "retired guys" are working there now. Let's see, they worked how many years at the industry's leading pay scales, retired with $1+ million lump sum. I guess they don't do it for money.
BTW tough guy, how many of your pilots have left to go to work at Delta?

I would be angry too if we took the pay cuts you guys took before, during, and after bankruptcy. As for anger, well, have fun merging lists, you guys better get it done before they send it to arbitration!

Let's see, we went through bankruptcy, and had to agree to additional paycuts, yet still our 737 positions top yours. I can see now why you guys are so angry.

FDJ2, thanks for the well wishes. It's a shame that some of your fellow DAL pilots don't have the same class.

Let's see, we went through bankruptcy, and had to agree to additional paycuts, yet still our 737 positions top yours. I can see now why you guys are so angry.

Great, some new hire DAL dooshe to join the party. Our #'s are green and your's are red...thanks for playing.
ps. I wish our brown leather jackets could write checks your double-breasted jackets actually couldn't cash without help from Uncle Sam.

Last edited:
Doesnt Airtran have scope for aircraft over 50 seats. I think Delta gave theirs up. Good job Airtran make sure you guys fight to keep that. Its the biggest thing that has ruined this profession so far. I dont like seeing Delta colors on 90 seat "rjs".

I would hope your 737 rates are better. Delta has been around 5 times longer than AirTran.

I would hope your 737 rates are better. Delta has been around 5 times longer than AirTran.

And CAL has been around 40 years longer than SWA. We are still hoping for SWA payrates someday. The excuse that you guys fly to your limit is not an argument anymore. We all fly to the limit now. SWA pilots know how its done!!

Latest resources

Back