• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We kinda need our MEC and NC for the whole merger thingy. Not very wise to have your union further bogged down in negotiations when you are getting aquired. That was my main reasone for a yes vote. Also it is probably the last chance at getting any money

Funny, that exact same line of thinking is about to bring -800s on the property over here in exchange for basically.....nothing! Oh silly me, I forgot--we do get a 1 year contract extension out of the deal. :angryfire

SL6=NO!

You are wrong about the pay my friend. I won't make and extra dime for the next 6 months until I hit my longevity raise. My pay will be flat until then. As a reserve guy for 3 years I have never flown more than 70 hrs in a month. On average I won't be losing pay but I sure wont be getting a raise for a few months.

Huh? You've never had CREDIT above 70? I'm not buying that. It's still based on credit of day guarantee or block time if greater for any assignment. The difference is that you start from zero instead of 70. The difference now is that a day where they DON'T use you is zero credit time vice 3.5 hrs. If they use you every day, the new system will look just like the old.

And I've been a reserve guy for 3-1/2 years.

I don't think anyone voted yes without holding their nose. Most think that we would not get another bite of the apple.

Oh, your status rep MH seems to think it's a good deal; no, wait, make that a great deal. He's flogging that thing like a rented mule. He's such a dumbass that he think we're the stupid ones.

He needs to be recalled. Maybe now that the TA is over we can get rid of him before he has the opportunity to do further damage.

I held my nose and voted no.

TW

Last edited:
Oh, your status rep MH seems to think it's a good deal; no, wait, make that a great deal. He's flogging that thing like a rented mule. He's such a dumbass that he think we're the stupid ones.

He needs to be recalled. Maybe now that the TA is over we can get rid of him before he has the opportunity to do further damage.

I held my nose and voted no.

TW
I voted yes...It brought us up to our peers and past some. The problem with the few no voters is that they, as captains, were already near their peers so they had less of an up move in comparison to our FOs. The problem lies in the fact that many pilots are short sighted and can't see the agreement as a whole. These same short sighted pilots have no clue to what it takes to negotiate and don't realize the risk vs. reward formula when it comes to fighting for more. Fortunately for us 87% are level headed and realistic.

Is that you, Rico?

Most of the CA supported the lion's share of the hourly increases going to the FO's because we knew they had suffered for so long. The election results and polling data prove this is true.

If you don't have the decency to say "thanks" you could at least keep your mouth shut.

Last edited:
Hey muppets! yeah its not the best but SWA is a game changer!!!! If you dont like it leave, no one is forcing you to work here!!!!!!

but SWA is a game changer
as in WINDFALL....

WINDFALL: an unexpected, unearned, or sudden gain or advantage

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back