• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's like the grandfather that you never liked just died. And he left you 5 million dollars. Before he kicked it, you couldn't stand him, now..not so much.

Now your willing to fight tooth and nail for the full amount. Really shows someones true colors.

If you dont like it leave, no one is forcing you to work here!!!!!!

That's what the old VJ Captains used to tell the FO's when they made $25K a year. It was stupid when they said it, and it's even more stupid when you say it.

You guys are over analyzing the TA way too much. It was a pretty simple choice. There was $52 million sitting on the table ($35 million in first year gains and a $17 million signing bonus pot). The professional negotiators at ALPA (who probably know what the NMB would do better than us) were telling us the chance of release was slim with the SWA merger on the table. Without a chance for release, there was no guarantee the company would come back to the table and offer more than the $52 million. If we didn't believe the ALPA professionals, we might as well get the Teamster card drive going.

But now that the vote is over and the deal has been signed, it is time for the Airtran pilots to stop fighting with each other and focus on the next big project on our plate, a successful integration with SWA. SWAPA and ALPA can either screw this up (like USAir/America West) or turn this into a positive (like Delta/Northwest). I would like to see this done right and watch two successful airlines turn into the potential powerhouse that Gary Kelly keeps describing in his public comments.

Huh? You've never had CREDIT above 70? I'm not buying that. It's still based on credit of day guarantee or block time if greater for any assignment. The difference is that you start from zero instead of 70. The difference now is that a day where they DON'T use you is zero credit time vice 3.5 hrs. If they use you every day, the new system will look just like the old.

And I've been a reserve guy for 3-1/2 years.
There is still alot of misconception about blocking over 78 hrs versus crediting over 78 hrs (78 being the new guarantee). If Airtran continue to understaff like they have for the last 5 years, reserves working 18 or 19 days per month through the summer will still credit somewhere between 90 and 105 hrs. It is anyone's guess what actual credits will average for reserves during the slow months. My guess is low 80s (with a few unused RR adding 2 hr and recurrent month adding 10 hrs bringing up the average credit).

Funny, that exact same line of thinking is about to bring -800s on the property over here in exchange for basically.....nothing! Oh silly me, I forgot--we do get a 1 year contract extension out of the deal. :angryfire

SL6=NO!

SL6 = NO!!!!! Next!

Huh? You've never had CREDIT above 70? I'm not buying that. It's still based on credit of day guarantee or block time if greater for any assignment. The difference is that you start from zero instead of 70. The difference now is that a day where they DON'T use you is zero credit time vice 3.5 hrs. If they use you every day, the new system will look just like the old.

And I've been a reserve guy for 3-1/2 years.

I said that I have never flown more than 70 hrs. I credit on average about 94 hrs. I don't expect to fly more now with the new contract. I will not see a raise until April. That is when 4'th year pay kicks in.

It's like the grandfather that you never liked just died. And he left you 5 million dollars. Before he kicked it, you couldn't stand him, now..not so much.

Now your willing to fight tooth and nail for the full amount. Really shows someones true colors.

Ya I guess we should roll over and just accept whatever you say we deserve. I think I will leave it up to the arbitrator. If they feel the same way you do than I will accept it. Until then not so much.

Moderator hat on:

To 27 driver, post deleted due to personal attacks. Watch the personal attacks.

To Ty and others, watch the profanity.

For everyone who doesn't understand why one post was removed and not another, attacking a person who isn't on this board is not against the ToS (Ty's post about MH). Posts attacking EACH OTHER ON THIS BOARD is prohibited.

Further infractions will result in time off.

/mod

There is still alot of misconception about blocking over 78 hrs versus crediting over 78 hrs (78 being the new guarantee). If Airtran continue to understaff like they have for the last 5 years, reserves working 18 or 19 days per month through the summer will still credit somewhere between 90 and 105 hrs. It is anyone's guess what actual credits will average for reserves during the slow months. My guess is low 80s (with a few unused RR adding 2 hr and recurrent month adding 10 hrs bringing up the average credit).

Max, when I see it I will believe it. I fly about once every 3 weeks now on res. At least I won't be sitting RRR 8 to 10 times a month. I am MCO based and never fly anymore.

Latest resources

Back