• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It will be one less issue to be resolved before Southwest acquires us. Mr. Kelly has stated he wanted our contract resolved before the deal is consummated and I seriously doubt our group of amateurs in the NC was willing to go another round or play chicken with the Grand Champion Stephen K.

It will also show the Arbitrator that we are a reasonable group not militant and unreasonable like the UsAir Easties.

Hate to break it to you, but that ain't the way things work Pollyanna.

You pretty much voted all your leverage away as well as admitted how badly you want to go over to SWA. As I said before, it wouldn't surprise me if the original offer gets changed now due to this TA (if it's as bad as you say it is)

Reserves losing pay Muppets? Another person that doesn't understand the system. You'll make MORE during the slow months since you'll get 78 vice 70 at a better pay rate (for me that's about 87 at the old rate). And during the heavy fly months you'll make more. A lot of guys fail to realize that during a month where they use you every day, your pay CREDIT is the same under current book, TA1, TA2 and yes the latest TA.

You are wrong about the pay my friend. I won't make and extra dime for the next 6 months until I hit my longevity raise. My pay will be flat until then. As a reserve guy for 3 years I have never flown more than 70 hrs in a month. On average I won't be losing pay but I sure wont be getting a raise for a few months.

The database is pretty large. It also censors ********************, ********************, mother********************er as well.

Gup

Hate to break it to you, but that ain't the way things work Pollyanna.

You pretty much voted all your leverage away as well as admitted how badly you want to go over to SWA. As I said before, it wouldn't surprise me if the original offer gets changed now due to this TA (if it's as bad as you say it is)

Is this talking point number 4 now?!?!

1. Staple is the only fair way

2. Have a vote on a staple

3. AirTran Captains are greedy

4. You just voted your leverage away

At least you are expanding but the needle is still skipping!
....skip....skip....skip.....

Last edited:
I'm actually with Muppets on this one. Kinda sad so many voted for it..

How is the retro money spread around? Longevity?

12gs for CA, 9gs for Fos

40 % to uncle sam, divided by 5 plus years negotiating...and they are paying it in two installments over the next 5 months DEC and April. Sweet!
1st year FOs get like 1grand, give or take. I feel like Clark Griswald getting the Jelly of the Month gift from his boss. I guess the rest of the group is real excited how much they get from 5 years of union dues.

I don't think anyone voted yes without holding their nose. Most think that we would not get another bite of the apple.

12gs for CA, 9gs for Fos

40 % to uncle sam, divided by 5 plus years negotiating...and they are paying it in two installments over the next 5 months DEC and April. Sweet!
1st year FOs get like 1grand, give or take. I feel like Clark Griswald getting the Jelly of the Month gift from his boss. I guess the rest of the group is real excited how much they get from 5 years of union dues.

Sorry to hear that. I guess something is better than nothing from that management team.

This is all moot. You will have SWA's contract within the next few months. There won't be a B-Scale. Stop going CRAZY! Chillax!

Latest resources

Back