AirTran T.A. = Vote NO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is my last posting for a long while

Ty Webb I do know who you are, so insulting me with your petty limited language while sitting safely behind your monitor won't help your cause.

:p ...look Mister...not gonna watch another one of yer fights in the 'Green Mile'...those ole ladies never had a chance:crying: ...but ya did git us outta the bill...when ya yelled...'RUN!'...yer da best damn flyin partner I ever saw...cheers!

Those "Shirley Temples" can make you do some crazy things in a bar...get out on the road, a few shirley temples, your buds...woo hoo craziness! :eek:

I just don't like someone tell me how to vote.....

BUT the scope SUCKS....Let people figure it out on their own...

The NO people are always louder!!!

I'm just looking for some info on the matter before I vote and you have provided that.
That's all any of us can ask you to do. Just make sure to get BOTH sides of the equation; the roadshows are distributing information that's just plain inaccurate.

With your knowledge and tenacity maybe you should run.
You know... I've been thinking about it. I *SWORE* I would never get involved in union work again after PCL. Just too much political B.S. and I just wanted to come here, fly my trip, and go home. I knew we were in negotiations, and I really wasn't expecting Southwest or DAL Widebody pay rates.

I thought they'd keep the work rules they had, maybe tweak a FEW items, give us raises equivalent to inflation or industry average, and otherwise leave us alone, not wanting to mess up a good operation.

When T.A. 1 came out and no one really spoke up about it, I felt like I had no choice, just to protect MY OWN career, as well as everyone else's. Now I know I'm not alone; there's a HUGE number of guys that feel the SAME WAY, they just needed to know they aren't alone, other people feel the same way, and give them the support they need to vote their conscience.

If I have to get more involved to keep that going, I guess I will. It's up to the pilot group to decide they want me to run and nominate me; if they do, I'll serve.

I came over from Pinnacle too so I know what a $hitty contract is. I just don't like someone tell me how to vote, I can do that on my own.
Well, fo shizzle, my Pinnacle Nizzle... lol. :beer:

Seriously, that's what I don't want to see here. I LEFT PCL because of the work rules and we both took a hefty pay cut to come here. You more than likely know me which means you know I sat reserve for 3 years as a CA, 9 hours of ready reserve a day, 10 days off a month, and I don't want to see that kind of life again (I don't think any of us do). This T.A. won't be far off that (6 hours a day RR and 12 days off).

I'll be at one of this roadshows to get some questions asked.
In addition to the TA2, the info I have read came from BOD Cover Letter dated 9/2/07 on the union website.
Download the bulletpoints from my website, look at the 30-page rebuttal and see where those references are in the T.A., and ask about them in the roadshow.

If they say they won't do that or it's inaccurate, look at the T.A. and ask them to show you WHERE it says the company CAN'T do those things.

If you still want to vote yes after that, I can't stop you. Just remember you're within 6 months of upgrade likely, and a YES vote on this T.A. is likely a 30% pay CUT as a reserve CA for the next 3 years or more with the increase to 12% reserve coverage and the new reserve rules. :puke:

Thanks for listening to both sides of the equation!

Why is it that the most intelligent posts seem to be written after 2 a.m. :erm: ?

Just remember "Bre'r Rabbit", Chief.

"T-y" just might be the first and last letters of one of the characters of that story . . . :cool:
..."Brer Rabbit" and "Chunks of Guys" in "Stools":erm: ...yer right about intelligent posts...mmm...never let emotions get in the way of a great performance...and I ain't the Chief of anything...tho Chief Illiwek lives forever...cheers...

Last edited:
..."Brer Rabbit" and "Chunks of Guys" in "Stools":erm: ...yer right about intelligent posts...

They're intelligent, alright . . . they are just two references that are lost on you. . . must be that Champaign edumacation . . . .

Feel free to respond after midnight, when your wife goes to bed, and you get your computer priviledges back . . . .heh-heh.

TW

Last edited:
They're intelligent, alright . . . they are just two references that are lost on you. . . must be that Champaign edumacation . . . .

Feel free to respond after midnight, when your wife goes to bed, and you get your computer priviledges back . . . .heh-heh.

TW

...it's a New York education...kinda like what them Cowboys gave the Giants last night...and it is not lost at all...just kinda infantile...my kids have even outgrown those kinds of things...uh oh here comes my wife gotta goooooo..................:eek:

Last edited:
The Bandwagon Effect

Well I have just finish reading the TA2 to its entirely, you really do need a lawyer to decode all the jargon crap in here. I am officially jumping the bandwagon to a HELL NO vote.
Hopefully we take a lesson from the flight attendants and don't screw ourselves.

The flight attendants voted in a new contract with terrible work rules for a pay raise. Very similar to our situation.

Latest resources

Back