• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran-Swa. out of seniority?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Should I hang my head low while providing arguably the most user friendly Jumpseat service in the industry?

No pilot in this industry should hang their head low. We've all been around the block.
Damn spell checker

Last edited:
MAX, first off, I don't blame you for being disappointed or even angry. I posed the question to you so I could gauge what you expectations were but unfortunately that went nowhere. However, I think your reaction is completely juvenile. I have a lot of friends at Airtran so I have heard the sob story more times than you know. However, they wake up and do their best to have a positive attitude and do their job professionally and in the end we all move on and are still GREAT friends. When you make threats about jumpseats and comments about "hanging your head low," you show what kind of person you are. Right now you are a hostage to your anger and that really sucks for you. I hope you find a way out and can manage some happiness in the future. You are always welcome on my jumpseat because I know neither you or I caused this.

MAX, first off, I don't blame you for being disappointed or even angry. I posed the question to you so I could gauge what you expectations were but unfortunately that went nowhere. However, I think your reaction is completely juvenile. I have a lot of friends at Airtran so I have heard the sob story more times than you know. However, they wake up and do their best to have a positive attitude and do their job professionally and in the end we all move on and are still GREAT friends. When you make threats about jumpseats and comments about "hanging your head low," you show what kind of person you are. Right now you are a hostage to your anger and that really sucks for you. I hope you find a way out and can manage some happiness in the future. You are always welcome on my jumpseat because I know neither you or I caused this.
Threats about jumpseats???? Ummm when did I do that? Why are you obsessed with what I think would be a fair SLI?

I don't have an answer to what would be a fair SLI because-(drum roll) I am not divorced of my emotion in other words I have a dog in this fight.

That is my point how many times do I have to tell you this! What would be fair and fall under the golden rule is to have an outside arbitrator but, according to you that is "BS".

Can you comprehend this Jball or do I have to draw you a picture? Honestly, i put it in bold this 4th time I have told you and you still don't get or even acknowledge my point.

NEWS FLASH, NEWS FLASH....SWAPA wanted arbitration.

Is that what you are saying scoreboard LMAO again. Your a fun guy, maybe you should be like the rest of your SWA and keep your mouth shut. In a merger everyone is supposed to give a little - however in this merger only the AAI gave and gave a lot.

It is what it is; but to have SWA folks try and tell me "they got screwed as bad as we did" - Let's just say I would not recommend saying that to our face.
OK, I'll say it: SWA guys got screwed worse, it wasn't ever supposed to happen, SWA doesn't "merge". Yet here we are.... And yes, SWAPA was 100% ready to fight an arbitration fight with over $10 million in the bank and the two top legal teams on call.

I was just about stapled, whilst being 1.5 years away from upgrade - I had 61% above me. I was then slotted in with 4% swa pilots below me. I guess I should be happy with that, sorry I didn't have more seniority for you to steal.
Your upgrade number is falacy, the facts of this industry changed once SWA wanted ATL. Either they were going to fight you for it (meaning no upgrade ever) or merge.

That is my point how many times do I have to tell you this! What would be fair and fall under the golden rule is to have an outside arbitrator but, according to you that is "BS".

Can you comprehend this Jball or do I have to draw you a picture? Honestly, i put it in bold this 4th time I have told you and you still don't get or even acknowledge my point.
You realize that train left the station, right?

Yes, really.

This could have been a combined op in less than a year from SOC and DoCC, just like DAL/NWA. But it's not.

That's over 2 years with over $200M per year saved in terms of lower pay plus continued bag fees. The pilot pay piece alone is $120 Million.

Not angry, just simple math and balance sheet focus rather than AirTran employee focus.

Will answer the rest later when I have my computer in front of me with the snapshot pre-merger list.
The loss of merger money is water under the bridge, we have no control.

I also think we should have been combined sooner rather than later, but again, we have no control. The other issues, the B scale you speak of, is gone Jan 1 2015. Everyone knew about it, everyone voted for it. Why is this now an issue when we all know we agreed to it and it will be gone 2015?

Max,

I strongly encourage you to find employment elsewhere. You will never be happy here and honestly with your juvenile tantrum you have been throwing we don't want you either. Thank goodness most of your coworkers are above this.

Look at post 21
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Max,

I strongly encourage you to find employment elsewhere. You will never be happy here and honestly with your juvenile tantrum you have been throwing we don't want you either. Thank goodness most of your coworkers are above this.

Look at post 21
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
No sorry going to stay. ... can't wait to add to your culture. Maybe they will put me on the wall of ego if im lucky. Can't wait to get me some luv.

Latest resources

Back