Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Strike Vote...98 percent say YES!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is that everyone always thinks they are at the "end game" when in reality you just never know how much longer it is going to be. The end game could easily take a year. I wish I didn't have to rain on anyone's parade, but if you ever get excited about any update you will be let down 99% of the time.

The problem is that everyone always thinks they are at the "end game" when in reality you just never know how much longer it is going to be. The end game could easily take a year. I wish I didn't have to rain on anyone's parade, but if you ever get excited about any update you will be let down 99% of the time.
Sir, I will tell you it will not be another year! Even the mediator is becoming annoyed with AirTran managements stalling and childesh actions. The pilots at AirTran are mad as HELL! They are tired of the abuse by scheduling, the intimidation on the line and being scrutinized for just doing their jobs! If you aren't willing to stand up and fight for something, then don't tell a AirTran pilot. We are ready to fight for a fair contract, even if it means going on strike!

Right now in Milwaukee, the AirTran pilots are picketing the Annual shareholder meeting. Along with the strike vote, this event is getting a lot of coverage in Milwaukee.

It's just a strike authorization vote. It pretty much means nothing...it's just a an early section 6 move in the ALPA play book. Give it another year or two and they the mutual lawsuits will be filed for negotiation in bad faith. I think Pinnacles strike authorization vote was 98%. That was a few years ago and look at where we are now.

Hawaiian voted for a strike in Sept 2009 and when did they not get a new contract?

March/April 2010.

Damn their 717 rates are higher than JetBlue's "3A" A320 rates plus retirement and health care and...and...and...and...

"But we are not Southwest" and neither is HAL.

98% is an impressive number. I really hope you guys will carry through and stay strong till the end. However, I have my doubts of how ALPA pounds it's chest like a large gorrilla and bends over like a chimp in the end.

Sir, I will tell you it will not be another year! Even the mediator is becoming annoyed with AirTran managements stalling and childesh actions. The pilots at AirTran are mad as HELL! They are tired of the abuse by scheduling, the intimidation on the line and being scrutinized for just doing their jobs! If you aren't willing to stand up and fight for something, then don't tell a AirTran pilot. We are ready to fight for a fair contract, even if it means going on strike!

Right now in Milwaukee, the AirTran pilots are picketing the Annual shareholder meeting. Along with the strike vote, this event is getting a lot of coverage in Milwaukee.

I don't doubt for a second that AirTran pilots are mad as hell over the companies stalling tactics. But just being pissed off will not make a TA magically appear or cause you to get released. As far as the mediator goes, I'm not sure where you got your info from, but I would be very surprised if a mediator made it know that they were annoyed with a particular side. If they in fact are annoyed with the stalling tactics, your management will just give in a little to keep negotiations moving along at a snails pace.

I wish you guys had a fair contract yesterday, but as long as we are subject to the RLA these things will get drug out over and over again. For everyone's sake, including my own, I hope I am wrong.

Well, I wish you were, but your not! While Im glad the vote was as high as it was, this really isn't anything the company didn't see coming. SK is a professional, who has been through this rodeo before. The only thing we can hope for is that the mediator does realize that this has been going on for 6 years now, even though its only been 1 year of negotiation with ALPA. Hopefully he is at the end of his rope as well, and motivates the company to finally start negotiating. Other then that, we are at the beck and call of the RLA..... Well, unless the AAI pilots decide to pull a UAL or ASA and finally say enough is enough. Nothing like a 40% ontime rate and lots of cancelled flights during peak summer flying to motivate the company.

I knew it wouldn't take long for the naysayers to crawl out from under a rock.

You worry about what went wrong with your situation at Pnnacle. It doesn't pertain to ATN.

And no, it's not an "early section 6 move". When done properly and by the book, a strike authorization vote comes at the end game, which ATN is in right now.

What does ATN stand for? I have been a member for over a year now and get the ATN-MEC emails but no one has ever explained that to me... AirTran something? No one I have asked seems to know. They just shrug.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back