• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran sets Q1 traffic records

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We started negotiations over three years ago. They've just dragged out this long. Not a good time to be in negotiations, but we'll make it work.
When exactly are you guys planning on "making it work"? 1, 2, 3, more years of negotiations?

Ask your fellow pilots that support George Bush and John McCain. It's their anti-labor NMB that's causing the delay.

In an interview Tuesday, AirTran President and Chief Executive Bob Fornaro drew a sharp contrast between the Orlando, Fla.-based carrier and the airlines that went out of business last week. He said first-quarter revenue rose 6 to 7 percent, and that advance bookings through the third quarter are better than at the same time last year.

"These were very, very weak airlines," Fornaro said, adding the carrier was "absolutely not" expecting to file for bankruptcy. "We're strong in the marketplace, we're well positioned, and we have the lowest cost structure in the industry."

YOU SHOULD NEVER TRUST MGT. BUT I DO LIKE WHAT HE SAYS. AT LEAST OUR REVENUE HAS INCREASED FOR THE QUARTER LET US HOPE IT IS ENOUGH TO OFFSET FUEL.

You MUST dig in for your contract, let it go to cool off, they'd be fools to take the chance of you walking out. SCREW them, they will take their bonuses and sleep well! They don't care, it's to scare YOU (the troops) and calm the investors. Get UM!!!

record load factor is a yawner...now revenue increased 6-7% for the quarter NOW THAT HAS MY ATTENTION!! But I'll believe it when I see the SEC filings for the first quarter

record load factor is a yawner...now revenue increased 6-7% for the quarter NOW THAT HAS MY ATTENTION!! But I'll believe it when I see the SEC filings for the first quarter

No kidding. What matters is profits, not revenue. You can't spend more than you make.

When exactly are you guys planning on "making it work"? 1, 2, 3, more years of negotiations?

I always enjoy hearing from these "nutless wonders" who are always afraid to say who they work for, but are always so free with advice.

I have been on this board in one form or another for the past 11 years, and there's always been some moron available to tell me how to live my life, negotiate my contract, or fly my airplane . . . .

I guess if I was weak-minded as those giving the advice, their advice might seem reassuring, but that ain't the case.

When I want info on filing bankruptcy, how to engage in anonymous gay sex, or how to recover from a certificate action, I'll make sure to ask you, but until then, how about you just enjoy a nice warm cup of STFU?

TW

TW

Last edited:
Victors SO where do you work? So we know when you start NEG..??

Airtran 3 years, but right now as any pilot group, you do not want to NEG. hard. There is not alot you can accomplish with what is going on in the industry.

Besides, there are alot of other airlines that is worst to be at rignt now...id Delta/NW, USAir,United, and all that just fell !!!

Latest resources

Back