Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Selling, not parking Aircraft ..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, its a good way to make some cashola. We sold several of our airbuses that are in high demand and made some money. We have basically replaced them with the new ones that were delivered. Little or no growth, but more or less a trade of an old airframe for a new one. Additionally, when we sell these older ones, we put engines that have 15000 hours (stipulation of the sale, engines of 15000 hours or less) on them and swap the lower times engines out-- another cost savings. Easiest way to explain it is selling off a hybrid vehicle that has held its value or is worth more than when you bought it and replacing it with a like model... Last I checked, we weren't in bankruptcy yet, we've been doing this the last couple of years already...

Why do pilots take such joy in wishing or hoping that another carrier is in trouble or going out of business? It means that thousands of people are at stake especially fellow pilots that may be someone you worked with at another time. Aviation is a small world.

Why do pilots take such joy in wishing or hoping that another carrier is in trouble or going out of business? It means that thousands of people are at stake especially fellow pilots that may be someone you worked with at another time. Aviation is a small world.

I don't know...I wondered the same thing when the airtran guy up the street had a "DAL Bankrupcy Party" with his co-workers. Made me sick...

I don't know...I wondered the same thing when the airtran guy up the street had a "DAL Bankrupcy Party" with his co-workers. Made me sick...

I'll believe that when you furnish a name.

Most of the pilots here have been through at least one airline shutdown elsewhere, and most of them know better than to do something so tasteless.

As for the rest of this string, did you guys just climb out from under a rock or something? Airtran is hunkering down, but with 7 profitable years of double-digit growth behind us, it's time to take a breather. ;)

We're not going away, but 177 of our pilots may be furloughed, for the first time in our history. . . . . although I hope the number will be significantly lower.

Oh, and 400Ahole- get over it, already. So your wife ran off with an AirTran pilot . . . . enough crying, already .. . .pick yourself up off the floor, and get on with your life. Try to be less of a sniveling 400Ahole and more of a Ty Webb, and maybe, just maybe, you'll fool some other woman into your bed . . . of course, there's always mail-order :laugh:

Last edited:
Say what you want but selling planes is not a good thing.

Keep up the insults though, they are funny, unlike your companies management and future business plan.

Ahole

We're not going away, but 177 of our pilots may be furloughed, for the first time in our history. . . . . although I hope the number will be significantly lower.

I'm with you and I hope it's lower. I think it will be less than 100.

Just for grins, we had a significant furlough in 1996 and a fairly minor one in 1998.

Your right, Airtran is on fire! Growing and upgrades for all! Don't pay attention to this, it's just static in an otherwise story of an organization that is taking the world by storm.\

Why do you take your LUVin' time responding to a non-LUVin' thread? You are nothing but a LUVin' tool! I don't wish harm to your LUVin' company, why do you seem to LUV commenting on a hard time at ours? LUVin' a$$!

By the way, I think we'll be just fine. It'll suck for the ones getting furloughed/ laid off, but we can jump right back in (markets) when/ if the time is right. So almighty LUV newbie, don't get your wet panties (or G-string) in a bunch!

PS. I know you're a newbie 'cause most LUV guys have class!

Actually, its a good way to make some cashola. We sold several of our airbuses that are in high demand and made some money. We have basically replaced them with the new ones that were delivered. Little or no growth, but more or less a trade of an old airframe for a new one. Additionally, when we sell these older ones, we put engines that have 15000 hours (stipulation of the sale, engines of 15000 hours or less) on them and swap the lower times engines out-- another cost savings. Easiest way to explain it is selling off a hybrid vehicle that has held its value or is worth more than when you bought it and replacing it with a like model... Last I checked, we weren't in bankruptcy yet, we've been doing this the last couple of years already...

Do you guys have some retired Navy Master Chiefs running your maintenance? I had a flashback after I read this to when we would get a plane from a "sister" squadron. Guaranteed to be "100% FMC" (that's Full Mission Capable for the Civ guys) with all the "best" parts installed.;)

Latest resources

Back